Season starts in September and we are eagerly awaiting the new kit

Release date and designs would be good.

I have to finish this post with the ever usual moan at the club that they are never ever on top of this one, it's always last minute.
By PurpleGroundhog
Was at the club shop at the weekend and ‘apparently’ the new shirts will be available mid August. We can only hope.
By Doddies left boot
Sneek at new shirt? or a training top?

Good to see him looking fit and well. I think his power sniping will be a potent weapon in the championship.
Hope Falcons keep the kit nice and simple.
By Monkey1
It is just what our club does. Yet again we are the only club not to have a shirt sorted for the official launch of the season, but in the greater scheme of things it isn't the end of the world. At least they put a good effort into designing something these days, unlike a few years ago when they just chose something bog-standard out of a catalogue & got a container load of it branded up as Falcons. The recent designs have been excellent.
By markismith50
Just to clarify, we did have a new match shirt at the official Championship season launch, but the photos of it are embargoed until we have officially unveiled it (date TBC).
By Aidanb
markismith50 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:04 pm
We did have photos taken in match kit Aidan, those images will be released after our official kit unveil (date TBC)
Thanks Mark

but i'm puzzled as to why the Falcons do seem to be last out of the blocks for the new kit each year.

and why have a kit there that is then embargo'd?
Hi Aidan,

The arrival time of the kit is due to the production schedule from the manufacturer, given that the deal was signed relatively late in the season this obviously has a knock-on effect on how quickly they can make and ship them to us.

The embargo on the photos was to allow us time to shoot our own promotional imagery and video content once the kit has arrived. It should be in the next few weeks, and the season doesn't start until the back end of September. We appreciate your ongoing patience, as always.
Am I the only one who really doesn't give a hoot about what kit the players wear?
In rough order:

Am I being entertained?
Are we winning ... enough?
Are the people around me behaving like rugby supporters or like *****?
Can I get a beer ... that tastes something like beer .... and doesn't take half an hour of waiting for in a queue ... or a weird ticket system to buy beer from a bus?
Can I hear the PA?
Can I see a scoreboard?

The fact that the players wear green or black or white or pink or grey and how many stripes they have etc etc is pretty low down my list of interests. I know buying this stuff adds to the coffers but, in all honesty, I really don't care what they're wearing, as long as they're wearing something.
Osric wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:32 pm
Am I the only one who really doesn't give a hoot about what kit the players wear?
In rough order:

Am I being entertained?
Are we winning ... enough?
Are the people around me behaving like rugby supporters or like *****?
Can I get a beer ... that tastes something like beer .... and doesn't take half an hour of waiting for in a queue ... or a weird ticket system to buy beer from a bus?
Can I hear the PA?
Can I see a scoreboard?

The fact that the players wear green or black or white or pink or grey and how many stripes they have etc etc is pretty low down my list of interests. I know buying this stuff adds to the coffers but, in all honesty, I really don't care what they're wearing, as long as they're wearing something.
I get what your saying
I’m just frustrated that every year we have the same issue.
At some point someone should surely just start the process early enough to have it done in time
Perhaps the club have a Baldrick style cunning plan.
The kit obviously exists and perhaps they may have a plan to launch it when it is available for sale and at a time when they can maximise the publicity. If only there was an event coming up in a few weeks when rugby in Newcastle would be in the news
Osric wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:32 pm

I really don't care what they're wearing, as long as they're wearing something.
I'm with Osric on this one. I struggle to get worked up about when the kit turns up, and if I like it when it does turn up I will buy a shirt. Lately the shirts have been excellent, including some nice surprises such as the Royal British Legion shirt & other specials, so I am a happy enough bunny with kit. We never seem to have the shirts as early as other clubs, it is just the way it is, it really isn't a big deal.

Like Osric I too am happy that the players are wearing something, the alternative does not bear thinking about.
Team photos are Sep 9, the pics this week were just for the kit reveal, which is envisaged to be within the next week. We’ll confirm an on-sale date as soon as we are able to, stressing once again we can’t control delivery and production schedules of an external company.
markismith50 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:45 am
Team photos are Sep 9, the pics this week were just for the kit reveal, which is envisaged to be within the next week. We’ll confirm an on-sale date as soon as we are able to, stressing once again we can’t control delivery and production schedules of an external company.
I don't wish to be in conflict over this and hope this is seen as just a point rather than a criticism.

Surely the purchaser has a lot of power in dictating when the kit is available to it's target market. This seems to be a lot about the time the process is started rather than when it is finished[kit supplied]

And again it's not a pop at you Mark.

My general point is that if it takes 6 months from start to finish to get the product to market then start the process earlier so that the kit is available in July for the upcoming season
Thanks Aidan. They're doing a photoshoot next door as I speak with some more of the new range, although some additional items are currently not here as they are being shipped.

Try as we might, when you're dealing with a factory in China making and delivering kit on a contract which was signed relatively late in the day (for reasons beyond our control) there's only so much we can realistically do.

I'm sure it goes without saying we're doing everything we can to get as much of the kit here as quickly possible.
Thanks for the updates mark, us fans are just frustrated as im sure the club is. It seems every year we have this same problem. We are 9 days away from the start of the season and we still dont know what our away strip looks like never mind us being able to purchase one before we head off to jersey to support the lads.
Hi David,

Yes, we share and understand your frustration. Of course we would all wish the away kit to have arrived sooner so that we could reveal, market and sell it. Unfortunately some things are just outside of our control, but we do appreciate your patience.
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]