By TeflonTed
Abmatt wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:03 pm
Nope.

Mind you, football had positive tests and that still went ahead.
True. But half the football team are not required to bend down and thrust their arms between another player's legs and grab his waist band and tug hard, or rub ears with the opposition while being pushed hard from behind by 5 of their colleagues.

When you think about it, it’s an odd thing, the scrummage.
By Abmatt
TeflonTed wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:44 pm
Abmatt wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:03 pm
Nope.

Mind you, football had positive tests and that still went ahead.
True. But half the football team are not required to bend down and thrust their arms between another player's legs and grab his waist band and tug hard, or rub ears with the opposition while being pushed hard from behind by 5 of their colleagues.

When you think about it, it’s an odd thing, the scrummage.
You’re right TT. Rugby has so much more close contact than football that with these 10 cases is does put some doubt on the return. Especially if there is more.
By TeflonTed
W4rriorz1980 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:45 pm
ROLLO wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:58 pm
Now two at Wuss, not sadi if players , coaches or staff.
2 members of staff according to the offy.Asymptomatic.
Which is the biggest issue with Coronavirus. The ability of asymptomatic carriers to infect others is undoubted, but not fully understood. Is it solely coughing and sneezing that presents the risk, (and do asymtomatic carriers have “normal” levels of throat-clearing cough reflexes or mild allergic sneezing reflexes to something or other) or is simple aerosol transmission also possible?

The imperfect (but better than nothing) ability of face coverings to provide a level of protection seems to be something the medics do agree on, so why are they optional for us in such places as shops?

Anyway........I’m still a bit doubtful about Aug 15th!!
By Abmatt
Face coverings only limit the spread, they cannot stop you catching it.

Playing devils advocate, if I know I don’t have it why should I wear a mask?
By patgadd
Abmatt wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:29 am
Naming no names, but there are those who look better wearing the mask!
By Latecomer
TeflonTed wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:44 pm

They do when they score a goal :dance: !! Much hugging and high fiving occurring at goal celebration time.
Thought mass goal celebrations were outlawed but it seems like paying lip service is the norm for a lot of so called restrictions, in football and other areas of life !!
But playing cricket (where there is virtually no bodily contact) has not been allowed until the last few days :thinking:
By TeflonTed
Abmatt wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:29 am
Face coverings only limit the spread, they cannot stop you catching it.

Always enjoy a little devil's advocacy.

In answer to your question, because you don't know you haven't got it. You did know, when the test was taken, but you've been exposed since and are asymptomatic, but infectious.
By Neiljk
The evidence appears to suggest wearing a mask reduces risk of infection to the wearer and transmission to others. Nothing is certain with COVID right now but I think a more pertinent question might be why wouldn’t you wear a mask?
TeflonTed liked this
By Abmatt
Neiljk wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:05 pm
Nothing is certain with COVID right now but I think a more pertinent question might be why wouldn’t you wear a mask?
For me you answered your own question. Nothing is certain. So why would I?
By GoldFinch
Abmatt wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:37 pm
Neiljk wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:05 pm
Nothing is certain with COVID right now but I think a more pertinent question might be why wouldn’t you wear a mask?
For me you answered your own question. Nothing is certain. So why would I?
The reason would be, if everyone wore a face covering the probability of transmission would be incredibly low. Which is not in doubt.
patgadd, Poolbrook liked this
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]