By tigerburnie
It seems the old sports network has had a cosmetic re vamp, I can't say that it changes anything really, there's no content from the owners and this is the first time I can remember that a moderator/owner has posted on it.
I guess once the rugby begins we will see where people will post, I hope that we will all be easily found as a bit of banter with the oppositions fans before a game adds to the pleasure of long distance supporting, living in Scotland, I don't get to many premiership games now.
By TeflonTed
Good time to bring up the subject.

Your poll on SN still indicates a majority in favour of a move , ( although you have x2 “don’t move” options which if added together would prevail, but it’s close.

Our SN poll (Wuss) is strongly in favour (65%) of a move, and in time I expect we’ll have a decision to move, and maintain SN for a fixed period only.

The most likely outcome is traffic building on duplicated sites, as is happening with Wuss and LI, so content is diluted, not ideal as far as I’m concerned.

It’s not quite Brexit, but I’d prefer all club moderators to take a clear decision and recommend one board. I started out wanting to stay on SN, but following the detail of discussions about how each site works have decided I’d prefer
VFT22.

Key to that decision is the ability to easily switch in and out of the remote boards at Glaws Quins and Pests.

Maybe you need to give your poll a poke?
By Tiggs
I am waiting to see if vf22 gets a take up, as it has very little traffic at the moment compared to SN.
Perhaps a more specific poll in a few weeks - SN or vf22 ?
By Alex
Are you sure? I can 18 users showing online and then nearly 100 other guests. The figure you mention is across the whole of the SN network so that's not just on the rugby sites, it also doesn't specify whether they are users or guests and what time period that is counting over.

There was 80,000 page views in July so it's getting traffic but until the season starts then there won't be a huge amount of activity.

Looks like the Worcester board will be joining Sale in making the move then obviously I've had discussions with the other admins and there is some movement there. It will only take one or two more before hopefully there is a mass move.

The SN "revamp" was no more of a facelift, the software is still outdated, there's still no SSL certificate or any other features than almost any other forum has round the web. The only reason I can see for remaining there is that it's been around for much longer, there's plenty of people who have signed up here and said the user experience is so much better here like @TeflonTed has said multiple times on SN.
By Duckonstilts
As a Saints fan I am watching on with great interest what decision Tigers and Worcester make on this. I have to say that SN has been poor for quite some time, the only thing in its favour is the ability to interact with other teams fans. Other than our site I do like to keep up with Tigers chat especially, its usually quite interesting and well informed.

I expect we are close to a tipping point though, so I doubt we will end up with a split community for very long. It might be nice to get any moves over during the off season though so important discussions about Tigers getting relegated are easy to find ;-)
By Doddies left boot
Tiggs wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:21 pm
Right now I am the only person on any of these boards, there are 120+ on SN.
you need to look at the users on the forum index page to see online numbers. i have been watching these with a little interest an most of the time there seem to be equal numbers on each. Also 1/2 of the SN browsers are on the other sports sites like football and cricket.
You will always have a hard core of resistance to change but it will come as soon as one of you "bigger" teams jumps just see !
By TeflonTed
Duckonstilts wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:40 pm
As a Saints fan I am watching on with great interest what decision Tigers and Worcester make on this. I have to say that SN has been poor for quite some time, the only thing in its favour is the ability to interact with other teams fans.
Duck, if I understand you correctly, you’re seeing SN as a better (easier?) place to interact with other club’ supporters.

If you go to the Gallagher Premiership page on VFT22, you’ll see Glaws Quins and Wasps are listed there along with the other clubs, and clicking on them will take you their external sites in a new window, so you can read Shedweb (and post if you’re registered) and go straight back to VFT22 in the other window. For me this is a benefit over SN.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood you, let me know what you think!
By IanC
In the end, as I said on another thread, I suspect Darwin will prevail. At the moment I'll dual post when I start a thread (predominantly the Rugby Hour threads) and the see what happens.
By TeflonTed
IanC wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:38 pm
In the end, as I said on another thread, I suspect Darwin will prevail. At the moment I'll dual post when I start a thread (predominantly the Rugby Hour threads) and the see what happens.
Ian I think you’ve hit the nail on the head.

The most likely scenario is a drift of traffic across both sites, and I’m sure that when you dual post your replies will be on one thread or the other, so content is diluted, various posters may be talking to you, but not to each other.

I think Sale have done the right thing, in deciding to announce “officially” (as far as any open forum can be officially controlled) that a move to another site is recommended. In their case this has happened, and the SN site, although still functional, has no new traffic.

I’m hopeful that Worcester and Tigers, where SN polls are open, will eventually make a clear decision, and move their forums to here, but either way there’ll be a clear decision, and I’ll respect it, and stay in one forum or the other. Until the polls have closed its open season all round!

The other remaining SN clubs will end up with split traffic, and diluted content across 2 or even 3 boards, some still have an offie.
By tigerburnie
I find some of the forums are getting infested with WUMS and moaners who don't actually want to talk about the rugby, my decision on where I post is based on the content rather than the software or ease of use.
By TeflonTed
tigerburnie wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:25 am
I find some of the forums are getting infested with WUMS and moaners who don't actually want to talk about the rugby, my decision on where I post is based on the content rather than the software or ease of use.
Fair comment. There’s a Wuss fbk Group which isn’t worth reading for the reasons you mention.

And the off season is an ideal time to get this sorted, it’s not going to go away. As it stands we definitely have 4 prem. clubs not using SN, (Sale, Glaws, Quins, Wasps) and 2others (Tigers and Wuss) actively considering a move. Irish are showing traffic on both sites, the others seem disinterested in even discussing a move, although unhappiness with SN has been mentioned on all sites from time to time.
The more we can push the discussion along the more likely it is that we can have a majority of clubs in one place or the other in due course.
By Duckonstilts
TeflonTed wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:20 pm
Duckonstilts wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:40 pm
As a Saints fan I am watching on with great interest what decision Tigers and Worcester make on this. I have to say that SN has been poor for quite some time, the only thing in its favour is the ability to interact with other teams fans.
Duck, if I understand you correctly, you’re seeing SN as a better (easier?) place to interact with other club’ supporters.

If you go to the Gallagher Premiership page on VFT22, you’ll see Glaws Quins and Wasps are listed there along with the other clubs, and clicking on them will take you their external sites in a new window, so you can read Shedweb (and post if you’re registered) and go straight back to VFT22 in the other window. For me this is a benefit over SN.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood you, let me know what you think!
No problem Ted, my comment was not that its hard to interact here, more that its the only thing SN did well. If/once enough clubs move here that will no longer be a consideration.

I hope they do, but rugby fans can be an odd bunch:-)
By Duncan Keene
Agree with all that, this forum seems much quicker, safer and easier on the eye to me, but it's all about the content. Hopefully enough people will move across to make this a viable alternative.
By TeflonTed
Duncan Keene wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:35 pm
Agree with all that, this forum seems much quicker, safer and easier on the eye to me, but it's all about the content. Hopefully enough people will move across to make this a viable alternative.
Very true Duncan.

One thing we can all do is keep the debate alive until someone somewhere takes a decision to move, and the polls on Tigers and Wuss sites serve to help make that decision , rather than drift into split traffic.

I still favour a move to here, but if our forum decides as a group to stay on SN then that’s what I’ll do, but I’m keen to get a decision rather than end up on both.
By Doddies left boot
I to noticed the online numbers etc have been switched off. could just be an honest glitch but i think not.
SN have also not replied to my request for a new password reset or when i tried to set up a new account again no reply. I have not done anything wrong but i did post on the falcons site i was pro V22. Paranoia? perhaps.
It just seems after the rushed out last minute revamp to keep the site alive "Jon" i think it was made a flurry of posts then vanished into the ether. :chuckel: :whistle:
By TeflonTed
That’s a massive drop off of activity on SN for Tigers.

Will you guys be recommending a move to here?

The Wuss move is official, following a democratic vote massively in favour of the move, the existing SN moderator has been removed by SN management following a campaign by a pro-SN long serving poster who has chosen to ignore the vote in an attempt to keep the SN site open as his own personal fiefdom.

Shabby.

We’ll all be better off here.
Ted
By Aidanb
The Falcons are currently a split camp
Some have remained at SN and some have come across here.

The three moderaters joined here and the SN shut down only to open again when another moderator who didn’t post much kept it going.

How long for we will see.
By TeflonTed
Much the same as Wuss.

It’s a real shame that folk disrespect the majority vote of the community to move, having 2 boards is not good stuff.

As aidanb says, time will tell.
By Alex
We'll just have to make an effort come the start of the season to build the site and I'm sure we'll be fine
By IanC
Not sure if this is the right place to ask the question, but I started a thread on here yesterday at half time of the England game. It seems to have disappeared (for me at least)?
I'm browsing on Firefox, I've closed and opened the home page a number of times and tried refreshing the page too.
By Aidanb
IanC wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:21 am
Not sure if this is the right place to ask the question, but I started a thread on here yesterday at half time of the England game. It seems to have disappeared (for me at least)?
I'm browsing on Firefox, I've closed and opened the home page a number of times and tried refreshing the page too.
It looks like it is in the thread started by Alex on the game so it may have been merged
By IanC
OK, sorry, it was meant to be a Tigers' centric thread because I doubt the rest of the clubs would want my views on the Tigers players only (or I'd come across as parochial in the extreme).
As long as I know.
Duncan Keene liked this
By Doddies left boot
I like the way we can all interact better it leads to a better debate over the merits of the players in the team. Yes we all watch our "own" players but more interactions will produce a more balanced view of performances. Perhaps :hug:
By IanC
TBH I think there's a place for both, hence a match thread on the World Cup Board and one on the 'individual' club boards. I was aware of the other board but was hoping to encourage some of the Tigers regulars to here.
Not to worry, sorry for hijacking the thread.
By Tiggs
Its not a drop off, it is closed season. Look at the year on year numbers for the sane month and it has been holding steady or rising. There is no consensus to move as yet, and so we will watch and wait what happens.
TeflonTed wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:52 pm
That’s a massive drop off of activity on SN for Tigers.

Will you guys be recommending a move to here?

The Wuss move is official, following a democratic vote massively in favour of the move, the existing SN moderator has been removed by SN management following a campaign by a pro-SN long serving poster who has chosen to ignore the vote in an attempt to keep the SN site open as his own personal fiefdom.

Shabby.

We’ll all be better off here.
Ted
By Tiggs
Also most of the traffic fall off is from non-regular posters who now prefer to use social media to message boards, and so won't come here either, so no gain by moving in that respect.
By Aidanb
IanC wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:47 am
TBH I think there's a place for both, hence a match thread on the World Cup Board and one on the 'individual' club boards. I was aware of the other board but was hoping to encourage some of the Tigers regulars to here.
Not to worry, sorry for hijacking the thread.
Good point.

Could I suggest you maybe put something like asking tigers fans what they think in the post (not title) so that a mod doesn’t do the same again.
Alex liked this
By TeflonTed
Tiggs...

“ it’s not a drop off....year on year numbers.....holding steady or rising.....”

Quick look at July as the last complete month, and previous years,

July 19......60,362 page views.....5353 visitors
July 18......111,591.....................5559
July 17......128,259.....................8928

They’re your numbers!
By Tiggs
Look at all the months, not just one.
As we were not involved in any competitions in July for a change, a big drop off was expected.
By Tiggs
March 2018 - 216,909 March 2019 - 296.499 increase of 70,590
April 2018 - 233,667 April 2019 - 292,011 increase of 58,344
May 2018 - 149,259 May 2019 - 144,606 decrease of 4,653
June 2018 - 96,637 June 2019 - 119,777 increase of 23,140

Please don't try to deliberately mislead people.
Or do you have personal gain from this ?
Last edited by Tiggs on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Alex
No there's no personal gain from this, Ted isn't related to running any of the boards and is a normal member
By TeflonTed
I simply took the last complete month.

But if you want to get into the numbers, I note you picked the March>June page views to support your case.
OK, let’s look instead at the Jan>Feb>Mar visitor numbers, a crucial part of the season,
JFM Visitors 2018......36,811
JFM Visitors 2019......33,311
A reduction of 9.5%.
We can all select the bits that support our case can’t we!

Look, the only axe I have to grind here is to stop board communities fragmenting by having multiple forums.

Wuss had a vote, decided to move, but this has been frustrated by a long serving member who chose to try and keep the SN board active.
Result....a split forum, not helpful.
Hope you don’t end up with the same.
By Monty9
I´m sure @Alex or someone else more techy than me could confirm but wouldn´t it be really easy for SN to make the sites appear busy with an increase in bots or such like? Using Worcester as an example, Suggesting that the Worcester SN site is getting the same traffic with just 1 person posting plus a couple of others on there and everyone else here i´m fairly sure that is bollocks, isn´t it?
By TeflonTed
Monty9 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:49 pm
I´m sure @Alex or someone else more techy than me could confirm but wouldn´t it be really easy for SN to make the sites appear busy with an increase in bots or such like? Using Worcester as an example, Suggesting that the Worcester SN site is getting the same traffic with just 1 person posting plus a couple of others on there and everyone else here i´m fairly sure that is bollocks, isn´t it?
Monty, all good points. Most particularly since SN have switched off the "who's online" counters. Or they had anyway, I have seen suggestions that they're active on some boards.

As we near RWC and then our new season, the proof of the pudding will be in the amount of decent discussion between posters on any particular site. I can only say that the majority of Wuss regular posters voted to come move, and have registered here.

Time will tell.
By TeflonTed
Monty9 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:30 pm
Just realised VFT22 doesn’t filter the word Bollocks! If anyone needed anymore reason to move here surely this is it?
You can also use the perfectly good word for a female dog.
By Tiggs
Again you are merely providing quotes that support your argument.
Look at all the data.
Even with the 3 months that you quote there is very good reason, as it was Tigers worst ever season, and the numbers have always fallen for Tigers when they are not doing so well, and always rise when they are doing very well.

And if you wish to know, the very reason that Tigers are not moving here is to exactly prevent the split of users across multiple Boards, and so we will not be moving until there is an overwhelming desire to do so.

So I can save you time, having to come on the Boards and try to convince us all that we should join you on VF22.
TeflonTed wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:39 pm
I simply took the last complete month.

But if you want to get into the numbers, I note you picked the March>June page views to support your case.
OK, let’s look instead at the Jan>Feb>Mar visitor numbers, a crucial part of the season,
JFM Visitors 2018......36,811
JFM Visitors 2019......33,311
A reduction of 9.5%.
We can all select the bits that support our case can’t we!

Look, the only axe I have to grind here is to stop board communities fragmenting by having multiple forums.

Wuss had a vote, decided to move, but this has been frustrated by a long serving member who chose to try and keep the SN board active.
Result....a split forum, not helpful.
Hope you don’t end up with the same.
By TeflonTed
Alex wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:12 pm
I'm not sure anyone has done that recently on the Tigers board, I certainly havent?
No,I think it’s aimed at me.

We had a vote,it wasn’t respected 100%, Tigers have a discussion going, I informed them of our situation, some took the ‘ump.

Hey Ho. Protectionism instead of open discussion....
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview som[…]

Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]