By TeflonTed
For those who may not be keeping up with the thread on SN, the board moderator has announced a proposal to move to here on Sat 17th.

For all those regular posters who have contributed to the discussion and decision making I’d propose a vote of thanks.

And particularly to our moderator, PE over there, GF on here, big thanks for keeping patient, sometimes under testing conditions.

Thank you Lindsay.
Alex, Abmatt, Devonianwarrior and 3 others liked this
By Faithful City
Sarcasm??

I have been testing for weeks, but my main Forum will remain SN, this one for extra curricular

JP
By Freypal
Agree Ted. Thanks to PE/GF and thanks also has to go to Alex for setting this all up!

Hopefully once Sale, Falcons, Irish and ourselves are here, those clubs that haven't already abandoned SN take up home too.
GoldFinch liked this
By chris1850
Faithful City wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:28 pm
Sarcasm??

I have been testing for weeks, but my main Forum will remain SN, this one for extra curricular

JP
Why try to keep a 2nd forum going when the vast majority have voted to leave? Why not work to fine tune this forum? You are in danger of shouting in an empty room and what's the point of that simply because you've taken the 'ump?

Very odd!
By Monty9
I would give @Faithful City some slack. Change isn’t the easiest thing, SN has been a big part of many of our lives for a long time (10 years personally). I’m an optimist so I see WFT22 as potentially an even better community across the leagues but I appreciate it will take some people a while to change. The more that come the more that will follow, just give it some time. We potentially have something even better here.

Welcome to all the Worcester fans!
GoldFinch liked this
By Abmatt
I’ve moved here full time. I’m away for the next two weeks so it made sense.

Plus I’m a 1 forum guy. Don’t have time for 2 in my life.
By TeflonTed
Abmatt wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:10 am
I’ve moved here full time. I’m away for the next two weeks so it made sense.

Plus I’m a 1 forum guy. Don’t have time for 2 in my life.
Let’s hope it runs in the family!

Enjoy your hols.
Abmatt liked this
By Abmatt
You could. But I’d imagine if the majority move here, using 2 forums with the same topics could become confusing.

Over time one will flourish, the other either and die.

Which one, only time will tell.
By Ms. Citlalli Kiehn DDS
I find I'm the only one who ever talks any sense in my mind, small as it may be. I'll be moving here from now on so small world it might be so focused it has to be!
Abmatt liked this
By GoldFinch
As I have been removed as admin on COYW I have quit that site.
By patgadd
GoldFinch wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:36 pm
Does it hurt your arm to write when you have a knife sticking out of your back?
GoldFinch liked this
By TeflonTed
And finally, still browsing the SN site to see what particular emotive bollox is being sprouted, I find I can’t get on without a pop up from some mob called “ipsomething or other.com” promising that I’ve been awarded a special prize for “clicking here” .

The final straw, like GF, I’m out of there.
By TeflonTed
Just a thought guys and gals.

Since PE/GF has been removed as moderator on the SN site, I’m going to assume it’s going to be impossible to post an official ”we’re moving” post on that site.

Since there are many off-season dormant readers/posters, how do we spread the word?

I’ve discussed the issues with our respected poster usawarrior, who has now registered on here, and hopefully will be maintaining contact, but there will be many more unaware of the last few weeks’ happenings, and will look to SN at the start of the new season.

How best to spread the word?
GoldFinch liked this
By A38
There was a recent question on SN from Judy and Richard as to where to find this forum.

I have posted a link.

Perhaps that's one way. We add a link when similar questions are asked - but only when asked.
By Alex
GoldFinch wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:36 pm
That's shocking how they have treated you, obviously just a number for their advertising revenue and nothing else.

I'm looking to build a community here so you can guarantee everyone will be made to feel welcome and everyone's opinions on how to develop the site will be heard.
Freypal liked this
By TeflonTed
JP has now removed the SN poll sticky, and is completing his takeover of the SN site.

Completely against the wishes of the majority of regular posters.

I can only suggest that as the RWC and later, the new prem season approaches, that the Wuss community should take every opportunity to remind casual posters and lurkers that we’ve moved.

A few short sharp posts simply offering links to this place shouldn’t be amiss. Although they may well be removed!

We’ve discussed this reasonably and in a civilised manner for a few weeks, but now it’s got silly. JP is now accusing posters of “libelous accusations” (sic) which he can’t even spell correctly, let alone properly use.
By Freypal
Any attachment I had for sticking around on sn is rapidly vanishing.

I'll post exclusively here from now I think.
By Pablo
Morning all, I'm an infrequent poster but I've now moved across.
I posted a few times recently on SN and the replies from the new admin seemed a bit hostile.
I'll keep an eye on SN but hopefully common sense prevails and we end up with one forum.

Pablo :)
By TeflonTed
Morning Pablo.

Good to hear from you.
We’re all well aware that there are many registered members who choose to read everything and post less often, that’s an option, and it’s good to have you on board.

The final manner of the move to here has been, predictably, less than smooth due to actions of JP. His insistence in trying to keep SN alive will split the community, regrettable, but unsurprising.
By Pablo
Thanks Ted

People will vote with their feet. The reason I followed SN was because MOST of the posts were more well informed.

Good luck with the move, a few posts on SN with links to here should help.
By Abmatt
Pablo,

Welcome. I too made the choice to move a few days ago.

After reading some of the posts this morning SN and here, the tone on there’s has got a bit hostile.

On a separate issue I seem to have lost the ability’s to quote threads @Administrators
By Suffolk Warrior
Morning All,

New forum located and all looks good. Although I am only an occasional contributor I do check the forum most weeks and I am happy to go with the majority. I will look forward to reading all of the informative posts (or otherwise!) on this new site as the season draws nearer. Can I also add my thanks to PE /GF for all of her hard work of the SN site.

Cheers for now!
By Alex
Could you drop a screenshot in here, I've just logged into my user account and I can still see it so just need to see what you can see
By OverTheBorder
Real shame the way it’s gone. A split community goes against the whole point of these forums, for what reason? Clinging to the past? The opportunity to cease power maybe?

Like Pablo, I view regularly and post rarely nowadays, however fully committed to this forum not “The Forum” following PE’s departure and the removal of threads.
GoldFinch liked this
By TeflonTed
OverTheBorder wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:10 pm
Real shame the way it’s gone. A split community goes against the whole point of these forums, for what reason? Clinging to the past? The opportunity to cease power maybe?

Like Pablo, I view regularly and post rarely nowadays, however fully committed to this forum not “The Forum” following PE’s departure and the removal of threads.
Fair comment. Good to have you here.

But I think you may mean seize rather than “cease”! I think the last thing JP wants to do with power and his forum is cease.
By Freypal
Seems like a good core have moved over here now. Hopefully that will see the rest follow, especially when the season is in flow and there are things to discuss.
By TeflonTed
The traffic at this time of the year is usually near zero. Without the issue of the forum change there wasn’t much to talk about anyway, until Wales popped over to Twickenham for a bad day at the office.

It’s just so regrettable that JP has chosen to fly in the face of the poll, and I’m sure he won’t desist.

2 forums for what amounts to less than 50 regular posters is just plain daft.
By Freypal
Agree, completely. There is no good reason to go against the poll.

On the rugby front. I was at Twickenham today, whilst not as bad as the last time I went to Twickenham (2007 WC warmup hammering) it was still a huge disappointment!
By Abmatt
@Administrators

Sorry for the late reply, I’m on holiday.

Just checked and the quote option is now working for me.

When I was trying earlier the only option it would give me was report or bookmark post on the drop down menu.

If it happens again I will post a screenshot.
By SimonG
I think those posters who haven't yet found this site will eventually do so simply through mentions on other SN rugby sites (and once you find one club here you find them all) and will no doubt be encouraged to seek us by JP's interesting methods of winning friends and influencing people!
By Ms. Citlalli Kiehn DDS
I've popped back twice today to SN to check up on any lingering threads and both times I've had to give up because the session has been taken over by google ad links. Not sure why this has reared its head again but annoys the s**t out of me.
By TeflonTed
Yes, there’s 2 different addresses which hijack the page on opening. They’re unlikely to be serious malware, but will lead to a deluge of unwanted ads, and their “x” to close is often itself a link.

No doubt the admin on SN would tell us it’s our own fault for not having the correct ad-blocker set up.

Personally, and with a son involved in cyber security at the highest possible level (he has UK government “developed vetting” look it up if you’re not aware how it works) I wouldn’t invite ad-blockers onto my devices.

I too will continue to look at SN board for a limited time, only to be able to be aware of what is being said, I am unlikely to post further there.
By WarriorsMisfit
As someone who has lurked for years but recently signed up to the SN site - happy to move over so have done and bookmarked the page. The ads on SN could be terrible for taking over (much like some on our local newspapers site on occasion) and was never a fan of the interface.

And I may have only been a lurker but thanks to the admin (@GoldFinch) for all your work past, present and future on the official unofficial forum (wherever it has been)
GoldFinch liked this
By SoS_Warrior
I had issues with the "revamp " on SN but not wanting to rock the boat voted to wait and see.

However the SN site now appears to be the JP site.

Hope he enjoys talking to himself.

Many thanks to PE as was, for her hard work as former moderator.
GoldFinch, Poolbrook liked this
By GoofyWarrior
After the England game today my thoughts turned back to Rugby, the World Cup, our beloved Team and the vagaries of the forum threads.

Over the years I have enjoyed reading and responding to the thoughts of both regular and not-so-regular posters on SN. What I find very disagreeable, however, is that people seem to have been treated highly questionably for even considering a move to another site. Consequently, and since I can't be bothered checking two forums, I've decided to throw the towel in on SN and bookmark here.

One potential bonus is that I may now have to ignore fewer posts from "Faithful City" which I generally found to be either ill-considered, inconsistent or insensitive.
By Southstand(again)
It appears to be a case of history repeating itself.
I have always had a lot of time for John Phillips and his boundless enthusiasm for Worcester Warriors.
As someone who was instrumental in the formation of the original supporters club and our move onto the Sportsnetwork site I always felt he had been a little hard done by regarding his "displacement".
Sadly the very informative alternative Sixways website formed by John didn't prove successful and he returned to the original site as a poster.
I think John probably jumped at the chance of once again taking over his old role as it was simply one of those "Itches he had to scratch"
I do hope site traffic doesn't wane to a point where he has to reinvent the alter egos as the reemergence of Jacaranda would be simply embarrassing.
I look forward to him eventually rejoining the rest of us on here and reassuming the role of that occasionally annoying friend you would miss if you didn't have.
SSA
By TVM
*comes in, pops down box*

Honestly....I clear off for a couple of weeks and I come back to find you've all moved house?!

A fellow could take it personally.

Anyway, I've made it.
Abmatt liked this
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]