By TeflonTed
Yes. I’d assume there will be premiership games on those 2 dates, so we should benefit compared to those clubs more heavily laden with international superstars.
By Abmatt
I read an article the other week saying PRL weren’t happy about the international window. They hadn’t been consulted and it’s right before the proposed start of the new season.
By TeflonTed
Abmatt wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:41 pm
I read an article the other week saying PRL weren’t happy about the international window. They hadn’t been consulted and it’s right before the proposed start of the new season.
Always assuming they’ve managed to finish the current one. Anyone want to take any bets?

Freely admit I’ve lost the plot, and premiership rugby.com fixture list doesn’t help. Despite the newly announced dates of rds 14/17 the fixtures list hasn’t been updated..rounds 14/17 have simply disappeared.

And the Wuss offies not much better. Apart from the “next game” headline the rest of the fixture list below seems untouched from pre-crisis days.

Confused...Droitwich Spa.
By A38
Well, let's just hope that the games will actually go ahead. The virus news over the last 24 hours has not been encouraging and if the schools are to open on time, safely, there may have to be matching restrictions on "non-essentials". Certainly, I can't see watching games live at Sixways happening for quite some time.

Sorry to be somewhat gloomy but as various members of our family have had to be tested, fortunately all are negative, it does rather concentrate the mind - especially when one reads of crowded beaches, pubs etc. where the consequences for the rest of us of non-social distancing seems lost on a part of our population.

Back from rant to rugby, Newcastle are in an invidious position with no games on their horizon caught between the Championship and the Premiership and the majority of their staff, playing and non playing , on furlough.

Ironically, Saracens have the reverse situation - destined to play in both leagues at much the same time.
By TeflonTed
A38 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:59 pm
Well, let's just hope that the games will actually go ahead. The virus news over the last 24 hours has not been encouraging and if the schools are to open on time, safely, there may have to be matching restrictions on "non-essentials". Certainly, I can't see watching games live at Sixways happening for quite some time.

Sorry to be somewhat gloomy but as various members of our family have had to be tested, fortunately all are negative, it does rather concentrate the mind - especially when one reads of crowded beaches, pubs etc. where the consequences for the rest of us of non-social distancing seems lost on a part of our population.

Back from rant to rugby, Newcastle are in an invidious position with no games on their horizon caught between the Championship and the Premiership and the majority of their staff, playing and non playing , on furlough.

Ironically, Saracens have the reverse situation - destined to play in both leagues at much the same time.

As well as travelling to Dublin to play Leinster in the ECC quarter final on Sep 19th.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]