By west brom warrior
I didn't vote in the poll as I am more of a lurker these days than a regular poster as I don't attend enough games to really comment to much on the rugby side of the Warriors but I do think this new forum is excellent. Its much cleaner and less jumpy than SN.

Looking forward to continuing good conversation and the odd rant with fellow fans.
Alex liked this
By TeflonTed
TVM wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:12 am
*comes in, pops down box*

Honestly....I clear off for a couple of weeks and I come back to find you've all moved house?!

A fellow could take it personally.

Anyway, I've made it.
As have most of us.

All we need now is some rugby.
By AgnesTheRed
I used to post on the SN site many moons ago but then just became a reader/lurker....some of you may remember me, most probably not. I have now decided it's time to move here, to be among the names I'm familiar with. I may also now be inclined to start posting again.

I too want to thank PE (now GoldFinch) for all her hard work in moderating the SN site and maintaining dignity and patience under what has sometimes been trying and challenging times.
GoldFinch liked this
By TeflonTed
Morning SS and TVM.

The history of JP on forums is well commented on by SS.

Although I never made a point of being negative about it on SN, I always found JP’s endless presentation of charts and spreadsheets was over the top, and his long exhortations to be the 16th man were frankly laughable, and cluttered up the site unnecessarily. Like SS, I can only respect the chap’s enthusiasm and commitment to Warriors, and I hope he’ll be man enough to come here eventually openly, and not with a new alter-ego.
By Dichio
I've been a long time lurker and occasional poster on the SN forum; I am more than happy to jump across to this one. My thanks also go to GoldFinch who has carried out sterling work on the 'old' forum and I'm sure will continue to do so on this one :clap:
GoldFinch liked this
By TVM
Southstand(again) wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:37 am
Thank the Lord I've finally got someone to argue with !
Welcome TVM
I've unpacked the verbal boxing gloves :mrgreen:

Re: JP - the reason I popped over was that numbers seemed to slump and there was a lot of activity, but it was increasingly JP talking to himself. We had our falling outs because I thought he could be a bit silly with regards some issues - and I can understand him standing by his baby as long as he can. But it'd be better to have him.
By Warrior98
Looking at the list of members, the last two pages are dominated by Warriors supporters - it appears that there is now a clear shift from SN to VFT22. Hopefully even more will come on board as the new season gets closer.
By Fozzie66
Greetings all. Moderately infrequent poster on the old site but happy to be here finally. SN was far too much about I’m right you’re wrong that’s it, rather than positive debate. Here’s to the new season!
By TeflonTed
Fozzie66 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:47 pm
Greetings all. Moderately infrequent poster on the old site but happy to be here finally. SN was far too much about I’m right you’re wrong that’s it, rather than positive debate. Here’s to the new season!
“I’m right, you’re wrong” was often based on hyperbole and incorrect “facts”, but the biggest frustration was the total inability of certain posters to accept criticism, and to flatly ignore corrections when “they” had been caught out being factually incorrect.

Hey Ho, moving swiftly onwards...........
Fozzie66 liked this
By TeflonTed
TVM wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:45 pm
Southstand(again) wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:37 am
Thank the Lord I've finally got someone to argue with !
Welcome TVM
I've unpacked the verbal boxing gloves :mrgreen:

Re: JP - the reason I popped over was that numbers seemed to slump and there was a lot of activity, but it was increasingly JP talking to himself. We had our falling outs because I thought he could be a bit silly with regards some issues - and I can understand him standing by his baby as long as he can. But it'd be better to have him.
It’s looking almost embarrassing now. This afternoons latest post is an interview with Andy Keast...from 16 years ago. I had said I’d continue to check SN until our official move date of 17th, but it seems hardly worth it given the collapse in traffic.
Last edited by TeflonTed on Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Abmatt
@Alex

This is what I mean done about unable to quote messages.

Attachments
AFFC5872-9E42-4661-8B20-AD2B145EDDFC.jpeg
AFFC5872-9E42-4661-8B20-AD2B145EDDFC.jpeg (156.35 KiB) Viewed 8658 times
By Abmatt
Alex wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:28 pm
The quote button is the next one along not in the drop down :)
Thanks for clearing that up. A subtle difference between the iPhone and iPad.
By Proflex
TeflonTed wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:49 pm
It’s looking almost embarrassing now. This afternoons latest post is an interview with Andy Keast...from 16 years ago. I had said I’d continue to check SN until our official move date of 17th, but it seems hardly worth it given the collapse in traffic.
Spotted this earlier...I have now logged out SN for probably the last time after 14 years of being a member...
Last edited by Proflex on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By OverTheBorder
Re JP.

I’d welcome him with open emojis arms if he decides to join us.

Whilst I didn’t agree with a great deal of his views, he did stipulate discussion and his love for the club is without question.

Shouldn’t every forum have a resident Stato?
By TeflonTed
Proflex wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:02 pm
TeflonTed wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:49 pm
It’s looking almost embarrassing now. This afternoons latest post is an interview with John Keast...from 16 years ago. I had said I’d continue to check SN until our official move date of 17th, but it seems hardly worth it given the collapse in traffic.
Spotted this earlier...I have now logged out SN for probably the last time after 14 years of being a member...
Re-reading this I see I’d renamed Andy Keast.....my apologies all round! I’ve edited the original but can’t edit Proflex’s quote.
By TeflonTed
OverTheBorder wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:29 pm
Re JP.

I’d welcome him with open emojis arms if he decides to join us.

Whilst I didn’t agree with a great deal of his views, he did stipulate discussion and his love for the club is without question.

Shouldn’t every forum have a resident Stato?
He certainly did stimulate discussion, and occasionally attempted to stipulate as well.

As to stats, agree in principle, but there are limits. I usually lost the plot somewhere around the average age in months and years of our pack versus that of opponents, or the average number of points we’d scored in the first half of season 2013/14 or whenever.

As to JP reviewing his very clear statement that he isn’t coming here, I wouldn’t be at all surprised.
By Pirate of St P’s
Lurker and occasional poster just saying hi.

Like the new forum. Faster, cleaner, more stable, no pop-ups, like buttons etc. No brainer in my opinion. I hated the way the old SN site would jump just as I was about to select a message and take me somewhere random.

Thanks to anyone involved in developing and moderating this and SN. A thankless and challenging task I’m sure.

Bring on the rugby! Looking forward to Wales v England this weekend.
GoldFinch liked this
By butthead
TVM wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:12 am
*comes in, pops down box*

Honestly....I clear off for a couple of weeks and I come back to find you've all moved house?!

A fellow could take it personally.

Anyway, I've made it.
Ah, crap, you found us!

Own up, who told him?? :shhh:
By patgadd
TeflonTed wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:36 pm
OverTheBorder wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 pm
Who gets custody of Live In Hope?

Sorry.
No, it’s a fair question!
I do miss Live in Hope. With luck he'll have a peep at the old SN forum and find us here.
By BertieWusster
I think Southstand has it spot on. I too have a regard for what JP has done over the years (videos of the game in the hotel near Shrub Hill station in the early days etc) but splitting what support we have does not seem the right way to go.
I also think he will eat humble pie at some stage in the future and come over to this board as he will be missing the limelight too much.
For now i am happy to read (and mostly lurk) on here
By FlipFlop
Thanks to Alex, i’m here!

(chorus of groans matched by deathly tolling bells can be heard in the silence following this news)

Post soon.
TeflonTed liked this
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview som[…]

Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]