By centrethere
The new owners need a nick name . They can’t just be called the new owners all season and their names are too long
Col and Jase won’t do it nor I suspect would CoG and JaW?
So ??
By TeflonTed
Not sure we need a nickname, Cecil was always Cecil, and The Allens were just The Allens......

But if you want my best shot I’d go for JayCo.
By WarriorsMisfit
TeflonTed wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:11 pm
Not sure we need a nickname, Cecil was always Cecil, and The Allens were just The Allens......

But if you want my best shot I’d go for JayCo.
If you drop the y and make it JaCo, it's as in Peyper. One oversees a rugby match, the other oversees a rugby club.
By centrethere
not convinced Jaco Peyper is a ref. Plus who is the lead Col or Jase - I get the feeling it is Col.

Cog n Jaw? - Col is smoothing the wheels, Jase is more abrupt?

By WarriorsMisfit
centrethere wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:08 pm
not convinced Jaco Peyper is a ref. Plus who is the lead Col or Jase - I get the feeling it is Col.

Cog n Jaw? - Col is smoothing the wheels, Jase is more abrupt?

You're not convinced one is fit to run a game, JP isn't sure the other is fit to run a club. Surely it's perfect :mrgreen:

(In reality I tend to side with Ted's view of doubting the need for a nickname - although saying that I refer to our Senior Leadership Team at work as the sluts, rolls off the tongue better than SLT)
By TVM
I am with Ted on the no real need thing.

There seems to be a small fashion for the portmanteau of couples names, but happily it seems to be subsiding.

JP will doubtless refer to them as the Gathering Storm, but as collective nouns go, the 'owners' feels a good one!
Proflex liked this
By Southstand(again)
Very happy with Colin and Jason.
Very happy with their interaction with us lot.
Very happy with their plans for the warriors.
I was very much in the "Let's wait and see" camp.
I'm now very much of the thought that they have my support unless they give me grounds to reassess.
In short - I'm happy with what and who we have.
By west brom warrior
Southstand(again) wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:41 pm
Very happy with Colin and Jason.
Very happy with their interaction with us lot.
Very happy with their plans for the warriors.
I was very much in the "Let's wait and see" camp.
I'm now very much of the thought that they have my support unless they give me grounds to reassess.
In short - I'm happy with what and who we have.
There was a lot written about them when they took over by some people but like many I have always preferred to judge them on there actions at the Warriors. From a supporters point of view I think the early signs are positive and they owners are certainly growing into there roles. They have communicated a lot more with supporters directly compared to the previous owners which I think is an encouraging step.
By TeflonTed
WBW is dead right.

Although we all got very used to open and frequent communication from Jolly Jim that was very much an anomaly.

The new owners waited quite some time before they said anything, and then what they did say was fairly predictable, but at least they put it on record.

I’m encouraged by what they’ve done with the lights and the screens, presumably with CVC money, but money well spent.

I don’t particularly care if they don’t have an easy nickname, if others want to use one I’m sure we’ll get used to it.

Malt https://www.houseofmalt.co.uk/wp-content/up[…]

In other news..... Crusaders 37 Chiefs 26. Nine[…]

The full back berth is the one I'm more concerned […]

LC-D health scare

Just re-signed for another year.