By Flumpty
I just spotted this on RFU Twitter
"The RFU Council has today made the difficult decision to cancel the Adult Competitive Leagues (Level 3 and below for Men, Level 2 and below for Women) for the 2020/21 season."

That'll be the end of a lot of Clubs up and down the country.
Last edited by Flumpty on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By iBozz
Flumpty wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:56 pm
I just spotted this on RFU Twitter
"The RFU Council has today made the difficult decision to cancel the Adult Competitive Leagues (Level 3 and below for Men, Level 2 and below for Women) for the 2020/21 season."

That'll be the end of a lot of Clubs up and down the country.

That's absolutely appalling news.
By Lord Elpus
..and you went to the trouble of dubbining* your boots just in case Roy.

* Readers under 60 years of age will need to look this up - likewise "linseed oil" for cricket fans.
iBozz liked this
By iBozz
Yareet wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:22 pm
It’s not quite that bad. It’s no league rugby. If and when contact rugby is allowed, teams will still be able to play friendlies.

I suspect that that is unlikely to attract the same numbers of spectators as competitive games and thus income will be much less.

Not many Clubs will, I surmise, have the financial reserves to be able to withstand what may well be eighteen months or more without gate and bar monies.

I would hope that true "Club Members" will continue paying their subscriptions, if they can afford it of course, even if there is little or nothing to show for it as that will at least help a little.
By Yareet
iBozz wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:38 pm
Yareet wrote:
It’s not quite that bad. It’s no league rugby. If and when contact rugby is allowed, teams will still be able to play friendlies.

I suspect that that is unlikely to attract the same numbers of spectators as competitive games and thus income will be much less.

Not many Clubs will, I surmise, have the financial reserves to be able to withstand what may well be eighteen months or more without gate and bar monies.

I would hope that true "Club Members" will continue paying their subscriptions, if they can afford it of course, even if there is little or nothing to show for it as that will at least help a little.
Must be honest, I was thinking more from a player’s POV
By iBozz
Yareet wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:24 pm
iBozz wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:38 pm
Yareet wrote:

Must be honest, I was thinking more from a player’s POV

Fair enough, but without gate and bar money, etc. I suspect that many Clubs will struggle and that some won't survive.
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]