By DaveAitch
This seems better and easier to use than most forums. I presume there is no need for the regular headline article, which is both good and bad. What, at first glance, it does seem to lack is the ability to put information in a prominent place in the way that sportsnetwork could. That is to say it would appear to be a forum and nothing more than that.

Anyway, well done for getting it this far.

p.s. I haven't actually edited anything, I just wanted to see how it worked.
p.p.s. It doesn't seem to give any indication that an edit has been done.
By Alex
Yeah that's right, no need to write an article every 14 days. There's the ability to sticky posts like on SN. What sort of other information are you referring to?
By BenHK
Is there a way to add a "next thread" and "previous thread" option at the end of each thread? It's one of the better features of the Sport Network site and would be great to see it here
By Alex
Yeah that should be possible to do, will add it shortly
By chris1850
Seems easy enough to me too.

We can talk to each other Poynton but hopefully a few more may join us!
By Alex
Seems logical if the move is to be made to do it after the season ends then everyone gets a bit of time to bed into the new forum. Might see if we can persuade any other forums across too.
By Sea of Gold
I like the look of the new site, certainly seems better than the other and hopefully this one will not keep going down....
By SSR
Happy to join the new forum.
Also gives me a chance to use a new username I have been saving.
Van Cannonball liked this
By IOL Shark
Up and running! Looks ok and easy to use. My low IT IQ meant it took a while to figure out how to open the discussions, but straight forward now I’ve figured it out.
Onwards and upwards!
By M5 Shark
Yep, I've logged in too. It's a bit like moving in to a new house - not quite sure where everything is!

The account verification email went to my junk folder for those getting ready to sign up
iBozz liked this
By Superstar
Good Morning,

I've joined this forum after many years of lurking on t'other. Didn't fancy joining in there - after all "Who wouldn't want to belong to a Forum that would have me as a Member" (apologies to Groucho Marx)

Superstar
By Alex
Would it be useful if I did a thread explaining the features of this board as there's quite a bit more functionality than the other one?
Dr.L liked this
By Beardedshark
Hi, I've moved across, seems clear and legible.
Thanks Alex for setting this up, hope everyone moves over
Cheers
By Portsharks
Alex yes I think that would be a good idea and hopefully will encourage more to come over
By rossett shark
I've moved over as well, seems a lot more modern & if we don't have this pesky site locking up feature so much the better.
By ale shark
30 sign-ups in the last 24hrs, including, most importantly, iBozz.

Does this thing have a spell checker or do I have to keep cutting and pasting into and out of Word?
By Major Bloodnok
Superstar wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:40 am
Good Morning,

I've joined this forum after many years of lurking on t'other. Didn't fancy joining in there - after all "Who wouldn't want to belong to a Forum that would have me as a Member" (apologies to Groucho Marx)

Superstar
Oh, let me guess...
By Major Bloodnok
ShawSharkRedemption wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:29 am
Happy to join the new forum.
Also gives me a chance to use a new username I have been saving.
If you do change your name, can tell us who you used to be? (Unless you're trying to get away, that is. :mrgreen: )
By Major Bloodnok
ale shark wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:30 pm
30 sign-ups in the last 24hrs, including, most importantly, iBozz.

Does this thing have a spell checker or do I have to keep cutting and pasting into and out of Word?
I have the Grammarly extension installed on my browser. Try it, the free version works pretty well.
By Van Cannonball
Hi all,

Formerly Crutch. That moniker came from being on crutches at the time of sign up to the previous board back in about 2005, and was partly to annoy Clutch by having a similar name, as he almost ran me over whilst taking time to get into his car due to aforementioned crutches...

Anyway, i’m Annoying him this time by using the nickname he came up with for Rohan, but at least now we shouldn’t get confused and I’m aligned with my Twitter name :joy:
By Tigger
I like this forum due to the fact it isn't sportsnetwork....hopefully more people will come across and join in....
Is there a search and a private message function?
By iBozz
Alex wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 am
Would it be useful if I did a thread explaining the features of this board as there's quite a bit more functionality than the other one?
An excellent idea.
By iBozz
Tigger wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:58 pm
I like this forum due to the fact it isn't sportsnetwork....hopefully more people will come across and join in....
Is there a search and a private message function?
There's a PM function: go to the Welcome button at the top right, click your name and it takes you to a Control Panel option. private Messages are one of the tabbed options.

Having said that, I sent a PM to Alex this afternoon and it is in my Outbox and not Sent items so I can't tell whether it has gone or not. Alex?

The Search function is at the top of each(?) page in the green banner three options along from the View From The 22 legend.

i think!
By Alex
If its in your outbox then it just means I've not read it yet as I've been out all afternoon, will take a look now!
By SSR
Anyone know how to use the PM facility.
I have sent Alex two PMs but both seem to be stuck in my outbox.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?
By SSR
Just read the comment from Alex that if it is in my "outbox" and not in "sent" it means that Alex has not read it.
Senior moment ...
iBozz liked this
By chris1850
On the other forum , in the message list, it was clear which topics had new postings as it said 'new next to them. Clicking on the thread, you can then scroll down and the new posts are also clearly indicated. Great feature as it avoids rereading old posts before finding the new ones.

This forum has an asterisk against the tropics with new posts in the message list, which is good. However there is no indication in the thread which are the new posts.

Is it possible to replicate the SN system in this respect?
iBozz liked this
By CEinthesun
Apologies for resuscitating and old post but after years of SN refusing to accept my login and password I’m pleased to be back. The poster formerly known as CheadleEnder, scourge of Edgeley Park and the SSSC.
MikeGC, iBozz liked this
By wrinklieshark
For the benefit of the elderly....do you think it would be possible to have the mid-grey text a bit darker, please?
By Alex
Which text are you referring to just so I can find the relevant code
By Major Bloodnok
I had a quick look, but it all seems to be in the depths of the CSS. The grey topic title is part of the definition of H3 (and, I think, all the other header levels) and the tiny text after the username is class "hidden-xs". I can't do much more short of creating a set of Stylish rules for the site.
By Major Bloodnok
Not sure what you mean, @Grumpy Old Shark. There's one pinned post and then the rest are in order of most recent posting.
By Major Bloodnok
There is one difference from the SN system: it doesn't refresh the topic list if you use the browser's back button, so you don't see any update to the read/unread markers (you need to return via the "return" link at the bottom of the thread).

On the other hand, the input boxes appear to use Unicode, so you can use emojis and other stuff that just showed up as odd character sequences in the other place.

🤔😉✅ par example
By WillC
my only complaint is that within each thread it doesn't obviously show which posts are unread - unless I am missing something!
By Major Bloodnok
To be fair, clicking on the star takes you to the first unread post, unlike SN, where clicking on "new" went to the end of the thread. But, yes, some sort of visible identifier on the postings would be nice. I don't know the system well enough to know whether that's feasible.
By WillC
clicking on the star takes you to the first unread post
I was missing something then! Thank you Major :)
By Alex
I'll ask the theme author whether I can change the star to an unread button like on the sidebar as then it should stand out a bit more
By BenHK
BenHK wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:02 pm
Is there a way to add a "next thread" and "previous thread" option at the end of each thread? It's one of the better features of the Sport Network site and would be great to see it here
Is this something that can be added?
By Alex
I've tried using one of the plugins on the phpbb website but as we've got a custom theme so I need to add some custom code and I'll have to check with the theme designer where to put it so that's work in progress
BenHK liked this
By Alex
chris1850 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:03 am
On the other forum , in the message list, it was clear which topics had new postings as it said 'new next to them. Clicking on the thread, you can then scroll down and the new posts are also clearly indicated. Great feature as it avoids rereading old posts before finding the new ones.

This forum has an asterisk against the tropics with new posts in the message list, which is good. However there is no indication in the thread which are the new posts.

Is it possible to replicate the SN system in this respect?
@chris1850 and @Beardedshark just changed a bit of code which now means the unread posts button now just simply says "Unread". Hope that makes it easier to navigate now!
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]