By East Stand Shark
After a rest week I'd expect us to go full strength in another big game against Leicester Tigers. With another break after the Bath fixture I can't see any reason why we wouldn't pick pretty much our strongest team from here on in.

1. Rodd
2. Van der Merwe
3. WGJ
4. Beaumont
5. Weise
6 JLDP
7 TC
8 DDP
9 De Klerk
10. AJM
11. Yarde
12. Van Rensburg
13. Sam James
14. McGuigan
15. Hammersley

Bench
16. Langdon
17. Morozov
18 Oosthuizen
19 Phillips
20 Nield
21 Quirke
22 Wilkinson
23 Luke James

Manu and Ben Curry would obviously feature if fit and RDP if not suspended
By Olyy
I'd go for the same, however I'd be tempted to start Morozov - Tigers pack is looking fierce atm and the extra muscle will help

Taking that into account I wouldn't be overly surprised at a 6-2 split with an extra backrower (or even Ashman) on the bench in place of Wilkinson, with SJ covering 10 from the pitch in case of injury to AJ

Manu can't be far off now - however I'm not sure if he'll be available this week: Lood de Jager posted a video of them in the gym together, which suggests he's still with the rehab crew rather than training with the full squad

Hopefully Rohan and Josh are fit, if they aren't then we lose a lot
By chris1850
Doesn't TC have to miss another match between now and the end of the season? Probably makes sense to arrange this when Ben is fit and firing if so
By Olyy
chris1850 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:35 pm
Doesn't TC have to miss another match between now and the end of the season? Probably makes sense to arrange this when Ben is fit and firing if so
Aye, it's a hell of a run in we've got as well - Worcester was the game I would've predicted we'd rest him

Maybe we'll wait until the final round of the season (away @ Chiefs) in the hope that the top 4 is sealed by that point and we can rest some guys ready for the playoffs
By Surbiton_Shark
Olyy wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:11 pm
Surbiton_Shark wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:06 pm
No mention of Jono Ross!
He's done for the season - 12 week stand down due to concussions, he's back in South Africa atm
Wow - I knew he was out for some time but didn't realise it was that long - not heard of one that bad before. Hope he's all OK! - thanks for the info
By Clutch
Other than the Hammersley v James debate i think our starting 15 is pretty clear now, with the current absentees.

We have managed the squad v well. Time to go full strength now with minimal rotation.
Elgar liked this
By HR1861
Leicester may rest a few as don’t they have a European final the following weekend?
Hence, I’d take a chance and give TC a rest this weekend, and possibly a couple of others.
By Yareet
HR1861 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:00 pm
Leicester may rest a few as don’t they have a European final the following weekend?
Hence, I’d take a chance and give TC a rest this weekend, and possibly a couple of others.
TC could always get a tweak in the warm up. Or do we not do that now that Dimes has gone? 😜
By Elgar
Agree with all of @Clutch 's message.

Interesting point from @HR1861 but I thinkif Tigers do turn up with a rotated squad then given how things stand at the moment we'd need to be focusing on the try bonus point, not rotation.
By tigerburnie
Tigers may well rotate for this fixture, but that doesn't mean a weaker side as we are using pretty much all of the squad available, be interesting to see the team sheet tomorrow.
By Van Cannonball
Sharks Twitter suggesting Manu is back...

Presumably off bench. Just for the collision I’d kind of like to see Rohan move to the wing and smash into Nadolo.
By Olyy
Van Cannonball wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:18 am
Sharks Twitter suggesting Manu is back...
JB from the Eggchasers podcast suggested that he's fit but won't be selected:

He's got a press pass so presumably comes from Axe's mouth rather than rumour - but I guess we'll find out midday tomorrow!
By tigerburnie
Referee: Tom Foley (94th Premiership game). Assistant Referees: Andrew Jackson & Jamie Leahy. TMO: Claire Hodnett. Citing Officer: David Guyan.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview som[…]

Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]