By TeflonTed
patgadd wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:28 pm
I've pm'd him and I hope others have too
There are others, part timers who missed the discussion and vote.

Bound to be a few, I predicted a split community, it was bound to happen.

SN pm to certain individuals is certainly an option, but only to those I know personally or have had pm discussions with before.

Where’s saucie?

I do know (from pms received) of 2 regular SN posters who have new names here.
By Alex
Faithful City has got into the habit of deleting my posts and banned me off SN :joy:
By chris1850
He has also deleted one of mine previously.

I have just posted on the What Has Happened thread on SN. Nothing controversial, purely factual! Will wait and see if it's still there tomorrow!
By Flumpty
chris1850 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:45 pm

I have just posted on the What Has Happened thread on SN. Nothing controversial, purely factual! Will wait and see if it's still there tomorrow!
it looks like it has disappeared into the ether of t'internet already :violin:
By FlipFlop
Well i’m Happy to stay on this “Sale forum”.

The Forum does now seem to have a North Korean state feel about it.....
By Neiljk
I’m not sure what the purpose of this thread is, but it feels a bit like crowing.

I don’t know about you guys but when I played rugby we looked after our club mates.

I’m sure there are two sides to this story, but it serves no purpose to continue picking the scab. Suggest now would be a good time to leave the subject alone.
By TeflonTed
Neiljk wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:51 am
I’m sure there are two sides to this story
Not crowing, and yes there are two sides. If you had read the pm I sent you on this board on 26/08 explaining what you seem to have missed, a message which remains un-read, you may consider you have a fuller picture.

What’s happening now is that some regular posters who chose to take an off-season sabbatical are returning to the SN board and asking questions. When certain posters attempt to answer those questions, their posts have apparently been deleted. If you think this is reasonable and acceptable we will agree to disagree.
By TeflonTed
chris1850 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:45 pm

Chris, your post is still there, but has been edited this morning by JP.

You couldn’t make it up could you!
By ROLLO
If we are not careful this will become like BREXIT - please live and let live.
Unless things change if we want to discuss rugby with most of the premeirship clubs their SN sites will need to be used.
By TeflonTed
I don’t think anyone has a problem with SN boards staying open. The Glaws one has been open for years, so what, all the meaningful traffic is on ShedWeb.

The vast majority of Wuss traffic is here, because that’s what we voted for, as is all the Sale traffic. Irish and Falcons are split, Glaws, Quins and Wasps are independent, Bath have voted to stay on SN. The independents, and the Bath SN board, are directly accessible from the Premiership header page here.

As for ‘live and let live’, it isn’t on this board that contributors’ posts are being deleted and edited.
By SimonG
I too posted on the SN thread answering the OP's question and see that I have also now been banned by the ludicrous Faithful City.

I see no problem highlighting the childish and boorish behaviour on his board as it will hopefully persuade more posters who use both to concentrate their efforts here where it is far more welcoming and civilised.
By Neiljk
I’m afraid Ted you have inferred things I didn’t say. I’m also not sure what the relevance of your comment is on your PM. I don’t need to be coached on what I should think.

Anyway, having moved here in somewhat acrimonious circumstances, whatever the cause of that, it would be best in my view to leave the SN board alone and refrain from posting messages here about encouraging people to move. All that will do is cause more issues.

Beyond that I assume you appreciate the irony of calling someone else divisive when you’ve been involved in the establishment of the Worcester board here, the encouragement of other members to move and the promotion of vft on other club boards.

The people who voted to leave blaming the remainers for causing division.....who knew....
By TeflonTed
Neiljk wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:11 pm
I’m afraid Ted you have inferred things I didn’t say. I’m also not sure what the relevance of your comment is on your PM. I don’t need to be coached on what I should think.

Anyway, having moved here in somewhat acrimonious circumstances, whatever the cause of that, it would be best in my view to leave the SN board alone and refrain from posting messages here about encouraging people to move. All that will do is cause more issues.

Beyond that I assume you appreciate the irony of calling someone else divisive when you’ve been involved in the establishment of the Worcester board here, the encouragement of other members to move and the promotion of vft on other club boards.

The people who voted to leave blaming the remainers for causing division.....who knew....
The vote was to move or stay.

You either agree with the majority and move, or choose to ignore the majority and cause a split.

That’s what’s happened, and it wasn’t me that did it.

As to opinions and comments made subsequently, you clearly are unhappy with my comments and opinions.

Noted.
By Neiljk
I’m not unhappy Ted. I just think you are wrong. Whatever the rights and wrongs are of how we arrived here it serves no purpose to persist any behaviour which might be construed as inflammatory.

It’s also fairly comical to call the ones who have remained divisive and ignore the role of those who agitated for a move. You surely can’t be blind to that?
By TeflonTed
Not sure I see anything comical, but there you go! There was a vote called, not sure why one side would be called “agitators”, and there was certainly nothing inflammatory or divisive until the vote was disrespected by the insistence on trying to keep the SN board active.

What could have happened, is that following a majority vote to leave, a sticky could have been placed on the SN board simply saying that the discussion continues elsewhere, and the board could stay open, with all its links and history files that some may find interesting, but others find irrelevant, could remain there forever and a day. A bit like the Glaws SN board.

Instead, we now have a split community, with some returnees clearly confused by events, and posts designed simply to inform them being deleted and edited.

Regrettable, but predictable. And shouldn’t go unnoticed.
By WhisperingDeath
What I do find quite funny in this whole unsavoury saga is that as a regular viewer and PT poster of the warriors forum this site has in no way enhanced my experience. Perhaps it has for others. But I’m on here because this is where most will end up now. The move was forced on ‘us’ by the sheer volume of posts by those who own this site, and during the off-season when the SN board was quiet so resistance would be minimised. If reasonable posts are being deleted on the SN site that isn’t on but surely it’s time to leave it the hell alone now and let people find their own way.

Bring on the rugby.
BishBash liked this
By ROLLO
TT I will continue to use both sites as I see fit if that is OK. The fact that there was a vote to leave by a small number of posters ( I didn't vote as I don't like referendums ) should not mean that everyone has to follow. I am happy to chat it over a drink on Tuesday.
My BREXIT analagy is becoming more and more real from some of the posts on this thread. You will see TT that I posted Live and let LIve on the SN board as well, it is still there.
By Neiljk
It’s pretty ridiculous to expect that the SN site should be shelved and then criticise that for being divisive. The singular issue that caused this was the move to another site which has been forced upon a lot of the community on the basis of a vote held during the quietest period.

Like others I’ll continue to post on both.
By TeflonTed
Always good to have a range of opinions.

I regret we’ve got 2 active forums, others don’t, that’s where we are.

I accept further discussion is likely to be non-productive, so look forward to the chat about the RWC and our upcoming season.
By SimonG
One forum censors posts and deletes posters and one forum (as far as I know) doesn't.

I know which one I will take seriously.
Fuzzy Dunlop liked this
By Alex
Unless something is potentially libellous then it won't get deleted here, what's the point in having a forum if you can't express an opinion...
By GoldFinch
As with everything where there is choice there is difference of opinion. Which choice you make is your prerogative and there should be no come back for that choice.

I have my reasons not to post on the SN but they are specific to me and I don't expect others to follow my lead.

Where you choose to post is entirely up to you.
By FlipFlop
Yes, all seemed to get a bit edgy over the weekend with some of the posts. Not sure why, as i wasn't aware that there had been press ganging of membership to this Board, or insistence on decamping from SN.

Personally, i wanted to be where the latest traffic may be more likely to be, and be with fellow posters who's comments were of interest to me.

That said, having been referred to as a "condescending asshole" by the now Admin of The Forum for my line of ".....please don't tell me how i should support Old chap...." when discussing Cricket World Cup (feel free to go check it out on SN as i have no problem with this being done), it kind of put the final nail in a long running undercurrent, which helped make moving across to another forum less of an issue. If this forum wasn't here, i would have just chosen to not post / comment given the above.

Each has a choice to where and when to post and inference of unsportmanlike tactics of poster recruitment seems a bit fanciful when read out loud IMO.
By TeflonTed
“condescending asshole”. Really??

2things come to mind.
1) you sure it’s still there? What’s the thread title/date

2) on this forum you could have been called “arsehole” in proper English, and your female dog could be called a bitch.

I’m trying to see the funny side.
By GoldFinch
It's still there.. on the England Choke again thread that I started...
By Neiljk
What I actually said many many posts ago is to suggest to stop picking the scab. I’m sure there are many rights and wrongs on this but best not to have a pop at the SN board or post on there trying to tempt people across, as all that will do is cause more bad feeling.
Abmatt liked this
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview som[…]

Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]