By Margin_Walker
Interesting squad.

Certainly gives an indication of just how many players we'll be missing at the start of the season. Especially with Naholo, Phipps and SOB* due late as it stands. Botha will definitely help the 2nd row depth when he arrives.

Good to see a few lads get a run though and looking forward to seeing how Munga gets on with a chance early doors. 1st year academy, but is 19 already and a huge bloke.
By GC89
Munga is the one I am really excited about too. Physically he looks ready from the pictures, so will be intriguing to see whether he can cut it.
By Ruckinggood
Interesting squad and good to see the fringe dwellers haveing a good run. Looks as if some of the expected starters in cotton wool before the real business kicks off. Good luck to all the squad this weekend
By Margin_Walker
Not really sure there's anyone in cotton wool. The only ones I can think of that have been training with the squad are PJ (probably don't think a debut on Irish soil is worth the hassle) and Stephenson (just back from injury).

Although I'm probably missing someone obvious!
By GC89
You would expect Hoskins, Tuisue and Meehan would be starters if available and DHA is probably the top loosehead with Dell away. However, otherwise looks close to full strength.
By Margin_Walker
Yeah, missed Hoskins and DHA.

I know Meehan's been injured, so wouldn't have expected him just yet. Thought Tuisui would probably sit it out with being involved with Fiji (even though he's been back training). May have expected MNG to feature in the squad as well, thinking about it

Edit - And Fainga'a. So yeah, there are a few missing. As you were...
By Narbia
Good to see some of the younger players getting game time. But, hey that Chunya Munga is already a huge bloke at 19! Over 2m tall and 119kg. Could he be the next Itoje?

:rockon:
By GC89
Alex Shaw who is very clued up on age grade rugby rated Munga as the best lock in the Under 18s set up last season and I am sure drew the comparison with Itoje at some stage.
By Narbia
Seems like the score went LI 5-45 Munster. :doh:

Good thing is no-one seems to attach too much importance to the sole pre-season game, and a decent run-out with the young guns.
By GC89
Yes, not too concerned by the defeat. Someone said on facebook that we experimented a lot with strike-moves and it wasn't as bad as the scoreline suggests. Will be fascinating to see who plays at the weekend though.

Bose

Sale Sharks Supporters Club Event

Promises to be a great night. And we have the Shar[…]

30/12/23: Northampton 21 Sale 17 [GP]

RIP Deadly Derek Underwood. Spinner extraordinai[…]

Quins game

FWIW, Quins' fan podcast are suggesting that there[…]