By TeflonTed
Yes. I commented on another thread…
On another Scots link, Cockers to leave Edinburgh with immediate effect. Quite apart from him being “difficult “ at times, losing 2 of his best players to poor old Wuss can’t have gone down well. Or maybe he took the hump because they’ve gone and he didn’t want them to.

Who knows? Who cares as long as he stays away from us.
By west brom warrior
I would welcome Cockerill at Worcester, he is proven as a successful coach. Let’s put it this way after last seasons performances if we start of poorly the calls to replace AS will grow louder.
By TeflonTed
west brom warrior wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:23 pm
I would welcome Cockerill at Worcester, he is proven as a successful coach. Let’s put it this way after last seasons performances if we start of poorly the calls to replace AS will grow louder.
Fair comment. Cockers did have reasonable success at Tigers, but IIRC they were in the top half of the table when Tigers board sacked him. Quite apart from his prickly relations with media, he always had a reputation as difficult within the club.

Very hypothetical discussion anyway, I wouldn’t think there’s even the slightest possibility of him getting involved with us.
By A38
Not I think the time for any further disruption. The BBC article mentions the changes Cockerill made at Edinburgh and I am sure that, if he was appointed, he would come in with his own ideas and quite possibly his own people.

As it is, the considerable change already seen needs time to settle. And the change is being driven by JT. He is its figurehead, not AS. I don't believe for a moment that the owners who have after all (somehow) found the money to fund the 21/22 squad and thereby supported and endorsed his plans would change horses at this time.

And, you know, I have this sneaking feeling that JT knows what he is doing and that he has the ability and strength of character to see it through. Cockerill has the reputation for being acerbic and forceful but JT has already, or so we deduce, dealt forcefully with certain members of the 20/21 squad who did not see things his way.
By west brom warrior
A38 I have no doubt that JT knows what he is doing just as I’m sure every DOR and head coach before him has known what they are doing. But knowing what you are doing and translating it into success are different things, ultimately professional sport is a results business and results have been poor. I want JT and AS to succeed as I want the club to succeed. The facilities, the ground are set up for success and the person who leads us there will be going down as a club legend, if results don’t improve perhaps Cockerill would be persuaded by the task.
By patgadd
Reading the story of Cockers at Edinburgh inevitably leads to revelations about the sorry mess they had become under one A. Solomons before Cockers arrived.
By TeflonTed
patgadd wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:17 am
Reading the story of Cockers at Edinburgh inevitably leads to revelations about the sorry mess they had become under one A. Solomons before Cockers arrived.
Thats a fair point to examine further. The wiki summary of Solly’s time at Edinburgh reads:-
Alan Solomons, formerly the coach of Western Province, Stormers, Ulster and more recently Super Rugby team the Kings, was appointed as Head Coach at the end of July 2013.[41] Stevie Scott and Omar Mouneimne were appointed as Assistant Coaches.

Solomons' first season at the club was treated largely as a rebuilding period, with several players departing and replacements coming in. The league campaign culminated in an eighth-place finish.[42] [they were 11th in the preceding season]

2014–15 saw Edinburgh again finishing eighth, albeit with ten points and three victories more than the previous season. While the pre-season target of a top six finish wasn't achieved, there were other reasons to consider the campaign a success. The first came over the festive period when the team beat Glasgow Warriors over two legs to win the inter-city 1872 Cup for the first time in six seasons. After going down 16–6 in the first encounter at Scotstoun Stadium, the Murrayfield men turned the tables with a 20–8 victory in the return leg, with Tim Visser notching two first-half tries, to bring the trophy back to the capital for the first time since 2009. As the season reached its final stages, Edinburgh's excellent European form took them to within touching distance of more silverware.

Solomons left the club in September 2016 following a poor start to the season.”
End Quote
Not quite sure I’d see that as a “sorry mess”.
By TeflonTed
Returning to the thread title, reports emerge in various places that Cockers and Eddie J were seen in one to one discussion in a location very roughy half way between Edinburgh and London.

Discussing the Lions possibly, or the weather……..
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]