By GC89
Impossible to tell which way we go with this one, but I suspect us to introduce some of the guys who did not feature last week and then rotate them back out for one of the latter rounds so they hit the 20th October fresh.

I would like to see something like (assuming fit):

1. Hobbs-Awoyemi
2. Porecki
3. Hoskins
4. Maddison
5. Van der Merwe
6. Nott (ease Tuisue back in)
7. Cowan
8. Rogerson

9. Brand
10. Jackson
11. Loader
12. Hepetema
13. Rona
14. Hassell-Collins
15. Parton

Bench: MacMillan, Elrington, Cilliers, Tuisue, Moore-Aiono, Steele, Brophy-Clews, Stephenson
By MattM
Would be happy with that.

I have a hunch Jacob is ahead of Theo in the pecking order and they may favour Matt Williams over Ollie on the wing, but would be happy enough with this lineup.
By GC89
Totally forgot about Matt Williams - I think you are right on that one. Theo I think is a better bench option as can play 12 and 10, although I guess Jacob can cover 15.
By Narbia
It's an away game?

Been to the Shedweb site and they're giving team predictions but no score predictions. I don't have a clue on this. Anyone? :thinking:
Last edited by Narbia on Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
By MattM
GC89 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:18 pm
Totally forgot about Matt Williams - I think you are right on that one. Theo I think is a better bench option as can play 12 and 10, although I guess Jacob can cover 15.
If you have Stephenson on the bench he covers 12 and 13, plus gives you the option to move Rona to the wing if need be so I'd go with 15 cover. Could go either way though.
Equally Myler could be on the bench...
By Jamo
Gutted Cipriani isn’t playing for Glaws. They are playing a weak side and I’m a bit peeved at paying £35 for my ticket in the stand . :brickwall:
By Narbia
Jamo wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:39 pm
Gutted Cipriani isn’t playing for Glaws. They are playing a weak side and I’m a bit peeved at paying £35 for my ticket in the stand . :brickwall:
I guess they're still very much in pre-season mindset. I hope Irish can capitalise on that.
London Irish:

15 Tom Parton, 14 Matt Williams, 13 Curtis Rona, 12 Terrence Hepetema, 11 Ollie Hassell-Collins, 10 Stephen Myler, 9 Scott Steele, 1 Harry Elrington, 2 Ross McMillian, 3 Lovejoy Chawatama, 4 Barney Maddison, 5 George Nott, 6 Conor Gilsenan, 7 Blair Cowan ©, 8 Albert Tuisue

Replacements:

16 Saia Fainga’a, 17 Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi, 18 Patric Cilliers, 19 Franco van der Merwe, 20 Matt Rogerson, 21 Rory Brand, 22 Paddy Jackson, 23 Ben Loader
By Margin_Walker
It's a noticeably more experienced LI lineup, so we really should be winning this even at Kingsholm.

Hoping for a decent performance and will be interesting to see how Tuisui goes at 8. Headlines will clearly relate to PJ's debug off the bench.
Narbia liked this
By Narbia
I followed on twitter. Comfortable win : Irish 49 Glaws 29.
Obviously we need to take warm-up games more seriously than the other 11 prem. teams.
By TeflonTed
We (Wuss) were reasonably serious as well!

No doubt we’ll both be criticised for not entering into the spirit of the cup competition.

Hey Ho.
By Margin_Walker
Result probably just about par considering the line ups without having seen the game.

Probably a lot more to take from it than the loss to Munster anyway and can completely understand us fielding a predominantly senior squad 23. Start of the season will be so important and players/combinations likely to be involved will need minutes under their belt.

Challenge Cup games will be an opportunity to field a few more academy players
By Alphacat
Nah, I want Irish to do well in the European cups, it's always been a tournament I really enjoy watching.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]