By Flumpty
Are there any takers for doing RWC score predictions on a game by game basis (no league !).

If so, can folk offer up their prediction as score a) and if they fancy it, score b) for the score that they would like.

I'll set the ball rolling with
a) Japan 32 Russia 12, but I'd like
b) Japan 32 Russia 33 - Ostrikov playing a blinder, with Morazov (aka Smirnoff at chateau Flumpty) scoring under the posts with the last move of the game with half of the Japanese pack hanging off him.

удачи россия
Last edited by Flumpty on Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The final score, just in case anyone missed it
Japan 30 Russia 10

Sadly Smirnoff wasn't to be seen scoring a last minute try.

That makes the first round of the Egg Cup over.
For the next game, I'm going for Aus 30 Fiji 7 as a final score for the 05.45 game, but I'd be much happier with Aus 7, Fiji 30.

For the 08.15 game Fra 20 Arg 6, but I'd be much happier with Fra 0 Arg 30

For the 10.45 game NZ 20 SA 29, which will make me a very happy chappy.

Anyone else pitching in for the honour of challenging for the "Egg Cup" ?
Last edited by Flumpty on Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Flumpty wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:54 pm

For the next game, I'm going for Aus 30 Fiji 7 as a final score for the 05.45 game, but I'd be much happier with Aus 7, Fiji 30.

For the 08.15 game Fra 20 Arg 6, but I'd be much happier with Fra 0 Arg 30

For the 10.45 game NZ 20 SA 29, which will make me a very happy chappy.
Aus 36 Fiji 15
Fra 28 Arg 24
NZ 29 SA 26 :chuckel:
for the purpose of seeing who is closest in the 2019 RWC EggCup Challenge, the winner is decided by who has the closest aggregate score.

i.e add together the score ofthe real game Japan 30, Russia 10 = 40
then compare with people pedictions
Flumpty Japan 32 Russia 12 = 44. I'm 4 off
Poyntonshark Japan 24 Russia 12 = 36 4 off
Patgadd Japan 36 Russia 6 = 42 = 2 off

Well done patgadd, you're the first winner of the Egg Cup for getting within 2 of the correct score and you proudly take the trophy forward to game #2.

If we get 2 people with the same winning aggregate score, the winner will be the guesser who guessed closest to the points scored by the team named first.
If there are still 2 people who have guessed the same score for the "home" team, their will be joint winners going into the next game.
Last edited by Flumpty on Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
In accepting the egg cup trophy I have to thank my colleagues, friends and family, not to mention my mascot. If you remember Paul the Octopus who predicted some footy scores a while back, you may be interested in Baldric, my pet wombat, to whom all the credit is due. His prediction for the next game is Australia 32 Fiji 14.
Flumpty liked this
Final Score Aus 39 Fiji 21 = 60

I'd gone Aus 30 Fiji 7, = 37 so I'm -23
Narbia was Aus 36 Fiji 15 = 51 -9
Teflon Ted Aus 24 Fiji 12 = 36 -24
Patgadd Aus 32 Fiji 12 = 44 -16

My Lords, Ladies & Gentlemen, we have a new winner --- Narbia is now the proud owner of the Egg Cup.

Now is your opportunity to show your deep knowledge of international rugby aka pluckimg some random numbers out of the air.

Fra vs Arg is about an hour away - time to have a punt at the score.
in a new World First for a Rugby World Cup, World Cup Egg Cup Challenge, we have a retained trophy holder

Narbia retains the Egg Cup. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Onto the All Blacks vs Springboks game -- will Narbia get to take the Egg Cup to bed with him tonight ? :yikes:
FT AB 23 SA 13 agg = 36

And we have a new custodian of the Egg Cup.

Step Up Teflon Ted - your prediction was only 3 off and you are the current owner of the Egg Cup. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Time to get your score predictions/total guesses put down on the VFT22 Egg Cup Challenge.

3 more games on Sunday.

I'll commit my thoughts once I've had a chat with Dimes at the AJB this afternoon.
Italy 36 Namibia 15

Ireland 20 Scotland 18

England 45 Tonga 16

All subject to change - due to irrationality and randomness - before kick offs. :joy:
Update : *in the voice of Ray Winstone* ...Below predictions all pretty similar. All got Italy,Ireland and England to win.
Update : Upgrading the Scotland score.
Update : Flumpty...
Italy 31 v 6 Namibia
Ireland 12 v 14 Scotland
England 75 v 6 Tonga
Ooh! We have a divergence. Am I influenced to change? Not yet no!
Update : Downgrading both IRE/SCO scores.
Last edited by Narbia on Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:21 am, edited 6 times in total.
Italy 40 v 18 Namibia
Ireland 30 v 18 Scotland
England 40 v 18 Tonga

My man, (who should know better) has a Chinese friend who gambles excessively, and insists that tomorrow the number 18 is the top jobbie.

Flushed with my success as current egg cup minder, and boosted with confidence, I’m backing 18
as the bottom jobbie.
Leaving aside TT's bottom jobbies, my man tells me he has talked to Mr Ladbroke's man regarding the following possibilities:

Italy 28 v 18 Namibia
Ireland 24 v 15 Scotland
England 38 v 12 Tonga
keep the Egg Cup warm for me Teflon Ted

Here are my (plucked from thin air) score predictions for Sun 22nd Sept.
Italy 31 v 6 Namibia
Ireland 12 v 14 Scotland
England 75 v 6 Tonga

Here is an exclusive picture of the Egg Cup that will (not) be presented to the lucky winner by Bill Beaumont at the RWC Final on 2nd Nov

Flumpty wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:27 pm
keep the Egg Cup warm for me Teflon Ted

Here are my (plucked from thin air) score predictions for Sun 22nd Sept.
Italy 31 v 6 Namibia
Ireland 12 v 14 Scotland
England 75 v 6 Tonga

Here is an exclusive picture of the Egg Cup that will (not) be presented to the lucky winner by Bill Beaumont at the RWC Final on 2nd Nov

Blimey, it’s an Ostrich Egg Cup!

You tipping the boks?
Final Score Italy 47 Namibia 22 = 69

Teflon Ted gets to keep the Egg Cup all to himself for a little big longer.

Will it still be Teds after the Offal Scoffers vs Bog Monsters game that is just about to kick off ?

p.s Egg Cup updates will be later than usual today as my sprogs are training/taking part in Festivals/reffing today.
For the briefest moment in time, in very unlikely circumstances, the Egg Cup came into my posession, for getting within 4 points of the aggregate score.

Normal service was soon resummed with me now wearing the "Horn Of Shame" for getting the score wrong by the widest margin to date :no: :no: :no:

For the England vs Tonga game, the aggregate score was 38 and the Egg Cup is now awarded to a new recipient. Please step forward Oldgreyseadog, as your scientifically calculated score was only out by 3.

Only one game tomorrow and its a 11.15 KO for Wales vs Georgia - I met a Welsh bloke called Hob Rowley in the bookies and he asked me to put £10 on Wales to win by 36 to 12 so thats what I'm going to do and I said that I'd split the winnings with him.
Final Score Wales 43 Georgia 14 = 57

My Lords, Ladies and gentlepeople, the holder of the EggCup is hereby announced via Hob Rowley's £10 bet at Ladbrokes -- T'is me. (nicked it by a single point from TT)

I'm now going to give a long and humbling diatrabe that an Oscar winner would be proud of............................................................................................

Alternatively, lets kick on with the WAGs (WildArsedGuesses) for the Russia Vs Samoa game that's being played on Tuesday.
I'm going for Russia 24 Samoa 24
I was almost willing Wales to not get that last try, knew I was in the box seat.

Russia Samoa, well that’s an interesting one. My anticipation is that Russia will win the first half up front, and be totally knackered later on. Samoa will think they’re playing 7s and run riot in the 2nd half.

Russia 18- 25 Samoa
Flumpty liked this
FT Score Russia 9 Samoa 34 =43

TeflonTed Russia 18 Samoa 25 =43
Narbia Russia 15 Samoa 18 = 43

From further up the thread - If we get 2 people with the same winning aggregate score, the winner will be the guesser who guessed closest to the points scored by the team named first.
If there are still 2 people who have guessed the same score for the "home" team, their will be joint winners going into the next game.

Narbia got closest to the team named first so once again he is the current VFT22 Egg Cupper. Well done.
Final Score Fiji 27 Uruguay 30 = 57 and a great spectacle to watch.

Oh lordy,lordy, I got the aggregate score spot on (but I may have been a touch out on the individual scores :hug: ).

Arise Sir Flumpty, EggCupper of 25th Sept
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]