By Olyy
Realistically I can't see him coming back

A massive shame, he's going to be some player (and already is, tbf)
By HerefordShark
Seems like a good move for everyone. If Akker does leave Ashman comes back with much more top flight experience, if he doesn't then Ashman already has a foot in the door at Glasgow. No point him being here if he's fourth choice.
By ageinghoody
Hopefully, the quote from Axe, "... we see him as a really important player for us going forward.", means he will be back.
Bucks1861, Olyy liked this
By JohnJ of HM
I'd announce straight away that Akker is leaving then it will give him the confidence there's a place for him. Really think he has the potential to be 1st choice fairly quickly.
Olyy liked this
By Olyy
ageinghoody wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:53 pm
Hopefully, the quote from Axe, "... we see him as a really important player for us going forward.", means he will be back.
I hope you're right!

As with the Ford rumour i'm choosing to stay pessimistic so that I'm pleasantly surprised, rather than optimistic with the chance of a let down at the end
ageinghoody liked this
By Yareet
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:03 pm
I'd announce straight away that Akker is leaving then it will give him the confidence there's a place for him. Really think he has the potential to be 1st choice fairly quickly.
That may have happened within the confines of Carrington
By 45jumper
As others have said, really hope he comes back.
I love Akker as a player but he picks up too many niggling injuries, can't only imagine he's he highest paid of the four hookers as well. Ashman, Taylor and Langdon seems an excellent group to me for next season, all homegrown as well.
By RugbyMarvel
He isn’t coming back, just can’t see it.

Slightly worried about man management at the club
By Elgar
I'm staying on the optimistic side that he could as easily be a Sale player as a Scottish franchise player next year. Which I think we all basically thought last week and before this announcement anyway.

Letting him frustrated, making him stay at Sale this year without getting decent game time would be a bad move if we want to keep him happy. So I think the loan move this year makes sense.

I can't see that we are keeping Akker in the long term almost whatever happens.

There doesn't seem to be an inherent advantage to his Scotland career to play North of the Border (as with Ireland or Wales etc).
By 45jumper
RugbyMarvel wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:39 pm
He isn’t coming back, just can’t see it.

Slightly worried about man management at the club
I can see why you'd think that but Axe has got to get his own squad in place. The simple fact is that he's got Diamond's staff and squad. The personalities and qualities he'll be looking for will be markedly different from Dimes, so changes are both expected and, IMO, overdue. Dimes was great for when we were an underdog but an entirely different profile of player and coach is needed now, I'm excited to see what happens.
I would be extremely disappointed to see Ashman go - but if he wants to go to further his Scotland chances, what choice does Axe really have?
By Surbiton_Shark
Simon Orange on Twitter responding to JB’s response to the announcement

‘ I won’t go into detail but I am happy to tell you that Ewan’s future is with Sale.’
By DaveAitch
Surbiton_Shark wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:36 pm

‘ I won’t go into detail but I am happy to tell you that Ewan’s future is with Sale.’
It's the old "he would say that, wouldn't he".
A lot can happen in eighteen months, though I'm sure the intention is to bring him back ....... unless he meant to type "Ewan's future is for sale".
By 45jumper
DaveAitch wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:54 pm
Surbiton_Shark wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:36 pm

It's the old "he would say that, wouldn't he".
A lot can happen in eighteen months, though I'm sure the intention is to bring him back ....... unless he meant to type "Ewan's future is for sale".
He's only on loan until the end of this season, not next.
Superb news from Simon Orange, anyway. :clap:
By DaveAitch
Ah, I misread the loan period.

Or, I'll rephrase that. "Scotland debutant Ewan Ashman has agreed a season-long loan deal with Glasgow Warriors." It's bad writing by the journalist. It's not a "season-long" loan but one for the rest of the season.
By SSR
Not sure what to make of this but over on V2 Forum ( Glasgow thread ), they
seem to think Ashman will be fighting it out for fourth choice hooker.
It surely can only be for Scotland control of club appearances ? If so,
then they must surely be looking to make it permanent?
By Thekeg
ShawSharkRedemption wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:52 am
Not sure what to make of this but over on V2 Forum ( Glasgow thread ), they
seem to think Ashman will be fighting it out for fourth choice hooker.
It surely can only be for Scotland control of club appearances ? If so,
then they must surely be looking to make it permanent?

I think it’s due to a couple of injuries so he will be playing in the short term at least
By RinTin
Ashman back at Sale due to Langdon injury.

At least he'll be getting minutes under his belt. Glad we've got him back.
By Olyy
Glasgow have said the loan has been scrapped, so presumably means Akker is done for a long while
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]