By FarnhamShark
I've got a ticket, but I'll have to stay overnight on the Saturday before the match. Is anyone else going, and do you have plans for accommodation, or a favourite pub to meet in on the Saturday evening?
By eBike
We're staying at the Mercure a short distance from the Swansea Stadium aka The Liberty. It's close enough to the M4 but also close to the city centre for trains.

Sadly, I know nothing about decent pubs in the area but my family, who live in S Wales (Ammanford*) may be able to suggest something

* Home of the brilliant weatherman drummer Owain Wyn ~Evans

Last time at the Liberty Sale lost in the dying moments of the game and I didn't hear the end of it from my family :angry:
By eBike
It was in 2006, we lost 17-16

The teams were

Ospreys: L Byrne; S Williams, S Parker, A Bishop, N Walker; S Connor, J Marshall; D Jones (capt), B Williams, A Jones, B Cockbain, I Evans, F Tiatia, S Tandy, R Jones.
Replacements: Hook for Connor (59), Spice for Marshall (67), James for D. Jones (67), Bennett for B. Williams (57), A. Jones for Cockbain (54), Thomas for Tiatia (57).
Not Used: Terblanche.

Sin Bin: Cockbain (38).

Sale: J Robinson (capt); M Cueto, M Taylor, E Seveali'i, O Ripol; C Hodgson, S Martens; A Sheridan, S Bruno, B Evans, C Jones, D Schofield, J White, M Lund, J Fernandez Lobbe.
Replacements: Larrechea for Cueto (12), Wigglesworth for Martens (45), Briggs for Bruno (66), Turner for Evans (45), Chabal for Schofield (55).
Not Used: Day, Mayor.

What a night that was
By eBike
Some info from Osprey supporters club via an excellent chap called Grant Berni

On the Saturday, I would strongly recommend hitting Wind Street in Swansea with everything you've got - it's got everything in terms of pubs from old social clubs to nightclubs and everything far more normal in between. For food, try Wind Street or keep going across to Morgans Hotel and further into the SA1 area where there's a limited number of trendy bars, old pubs and some really good restaurants.

On Sunday, pre and post game, come and see us in the Riverside bar in the stadium - this is our base on matchday (its halfway along underneath the east stand - accessible from outside the ground). We've live music from a great band pre and post match as well as a couple of our players coming over post match for us to interview. After that dies down after the game, there are a couple of pubs near the stadium, but I'd recommend going into Swansea city centre again around the WInd Street area - Sunday might be a bit too quiet outside of the centre.

In terms of hotels, there are a few in the city centre that are OK and cater to every budget - Morgans being top of the range (don't ask me what the rooms are like - its out of my price range!!! Have a look at our matchday info here (

http://www.ospreyssupportersclub.co.uk/match-day/

Frankie and Benny's next to the stadium has closed during lockdown and is now empty so the only pub next to the ground is the Harvester with Boss brewing serving their own beer not too far away):
By Surbiton_Shark
I remember that game from 2006.......if memory serves wasn't the one of the first times James Hook appeared on the scene - he really played well when he came on and made a big difference
By Clutch
Last min Williams try?

Think that was start of me becoming sick of PSA ironically in the same year as winning the league.

Presumably we had McAllister that year? Injured?
By Surbiton_Shark
Clutch wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:31 am
Last min Williams try?

Think that was start of me becoming sick of PSA ironically in the same year as winning the league.

Presumably we had McAllister that year? Injured?
Think you are right on Williams try (again from memory)

McAllister signed after the rugby world cup in 2007 - I remember his first game and touch for us and thought we would be untouchable. Alas the game planned seemed to just hoof it and watch him run and up down as opposed to giving him the ball.
DaveAitch liked this
By 45jumper
McAlister was an absolutely thrilling player, could do it all. Like you say our 'gameplan' was shocking around that time so we never saw the best of him. Such a shame.
By eBike
Here's the Ospreys team for the match against Ulster in the URC. Just to give fans an idea of who might be lined up against us.
w660_1912204_finalteamannouncementulster.jpg
w660_1912204_finalteamannouncementulster.jpg (158.32 KiB) Viewed 3695 times
By RinTin
I'd imagine we'll be up against a Webb Anscombe 9-10 combo. Anscombe didn't blow me away for Wales recently though.

We need to win some games to build confidence. I'd hope we take a strong squad down there and try to get back to winning ways.
By eBike
Ospreys have a few big names out injured; Alun Wyn Jones, Tipuric, Beard spring to mind.

Plenty of talent in the possible match day 23 and I would draw attention to the breakdown battle between a Curry and Jac Morgan. Another area where we could see a real confrontation is between our 12/13 set up and Owen Watkin/Michael Collins.

I'm really looking forward to this match.
By Surbiton_Shark
RinTin wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:17 pm
I'd imagine we'll be up against a Webb Anscombe 9-10 combo. Anscombe didn't blow me away for Wales recently though.

We need to win some games to build confidence. I'd hope we take a strong squad down there and try to get back to winning ways.
I was thinking about this before - some season's we've barely bothered by the time the first couple of games are over (always a bit tedious when you're looking forward to an away European trip) but I understand why

With our current doom/gloom I was thinking, as we always have hope, the players can get out there without much fear and try and get a run going for when the Prem season re-starts.

My confidence will be boosted if Cliff is back - I really think we need his calmness/composure and sure fire quick pass and use his/Quirke. I presume Akker will be crook yet again but we'll have Ashman - have to hope the scrum stops conceding pens - get the Sam James/Rohan centre partnership working and get some mojo back as a squad

it's really the hope that kills you......we'll prob go away, box kick it death and rely on the other team making mistakes and butcher the chances we do get.
By FarnhamShark
Just watched the Ospreys vs. Ulster match. Very attritional, very little decent rugby, just lots of forwards tackling lots of other forwards. Ospreys' defence very solid (but only dealing with players running straight at them). Very strong in the set scrums (oh dear!) and also strong at the breakdown. And Stephen Myler kicks his goals. I hope Dorian West is earning his money this week (and last).
By Olyy
See Scarlets have had to pull out of their game vs Bristol due to COVID issues (only 14 available players)

I'd be surprised if that's the last we see of the 28-0 walkover this season
By Surbiton_Shark
FarnhamShark wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:02 pm
Just watched the Ospreys vs. Ulster match. Very attritional, very little decent rugby, just lots of forwards tackling lots of other forwards. Ospreys' defence very solid (but only dealing with players running straight at them). Very strong in the set scrums (oh dear!) and also strong at the breakdown. And Stephen Myler kicks his goals. I hope Dorian West is earning his money this week (and last).
You're really selling this as a spectacle to watch :-)
By FarnhamShark
There is another team playing, as well as Ospreys (well, hopefully better than...).
Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

Covid Repayments

Umm, I’m staggered anyone was unaware. […]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]