[quote=poyntonshark

By the way, why on earth did you let them call your airport CAX?
[/quote]

I know a bit about airport codes.

CA...Carlisle..the town/city/region the airport chooses to use as its name
..X... because someone else got the R first.
In this case, Caribou, in Maine, USA.

Doesn’t always work like this though, Orlando International in Florida has the code MCO, because it used to be a military airfield known as McCoy Field.
TeflonTed wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:13 pm
[quote=poyntonshark

By the way, why on earth did you let them call your airport CAX?
I know a bit about airport codes.

CA...Carlisle..the town/city/region the airport chooses to use as its name
..X... because someone else got the R first.
In this case, Caribou, in Maine, USA.

Doesn’t always work like this though, Orlando International in Florida has the code MCO, because it used to be a military airfield known as McCoy Field.
[/quote]

my explanation is funnier :caffine:
I would like to thank the court for their prompt and fair handling of this case. I thank MrDiamond for his proper dealing with Mr Peters. I thank Sandie for distracting Mr I. Flogemandhangem and I thank Judge His Rt Hon Lordship Sir Flumpty of Westmorland CBE, MBE, OBE, MFI, B&Q, KFC, PCWorld for his deep wisdom and accurate judgement. Not forgetting Bruce and Bazza for their prompt delivery of important errr....err..... evidence. I thank Mr Peters for absolutely nothing, he can feck right off, and when he comes back he can feck off again.

I accept the courts ruling and am already looking forward to the next round of predictions.

Hang on......did he say stoning?
poyntonshark wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:20 pm
I would like to thank the court for their prompt and fair handling of this case. I thank MrDiamond for his proper dealing with Mr Peters. I thank Sandie for distracting Mr I. Flogemandhangem and I thank Judge His Rt Hon Lordship Sir Flumpty of Westmorland CBE, MBE, OBE, MFI, B&Q, KFC, PCWorld for his deep wisdom and accurate judgement. Not forgetting Bruce and Bazza for their prompt delivery of important errr....err..... evidence. I thank Mr Peters for absolutely nothing, he can feck right off, and when he comes back he can feck off again.

I accept the courts ruling and am already looking forward to the next round of predictions.

Hang on......did he say stoning?
Better keep listening. Might be a bit about 'Blessed are the big noses.'
Bog Trotters 36 Super Samoans 16

The EggCup update will be late tomorrow, as I won't be back from Darn Sarf until about 23.00.

Given that I've already given my projection for tomorrows game, I don't think that I've comitted a poyntonsharkgateesque error.

Here are my guesses for Super Sunday, as well
Nam 18 Lumberjacks 21
Yankee Doodle Dandee 26 Ton 24
Tafs 52 Uru 12
Whale Killers 29 Deep Fried Mars Bars 20
With 10 mins to go, I'm the only one who predicted a 50+ score, so the EggCup is mine, all mine

Bwarr bwarr bwarr

And I won't be streaking around the MadStad with the EggCup held aloft (it's to cold and I won't have to much to show for myself :doh: :doh: )
TeflonTed wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:05 pm
Ooh, if JvS goes ahead you may not be allowed a re-count!
Live by the sword : die by the typhoon - to mix metaphors.

Actually I think this would be a travesty if the game doesn't go ahead, just to save face.

I've just been reading that the area of Yokohama is it? has just had another earthquake. 5.4 on the Richter scale apparently. Regular event there.
from earlier in the day
USA 19 Ton 31 = 50

Oh happy, happy time -- I've just given the sprog the big build up about being only 1 point off.
& then delighted him out of all recognition by letting him know that I got the score spot on.

The EggCup is mine, All mine ( for another few minutes)

I watched the Brighton Miracle whilst coming back form the LI game on the train last night -- come on you Sushi Munchers :mrgreen:
EggCup update, EggCup Update

Wales 35 Uruguay 13 = 48
For the briefest of time, the EggCup was tied with both Flumpty Jnr and Narbia only 1 point off, with the EggCup going to Narbia who was closest to the Welshies score

& then
Jap 28 Sco 21 = 49

I'm doing to do a victory dance, as I got the agg score smack on (and not far from the real score)
Last edited by Flumpty on Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my 2pworth, for EggCup Glory

Wot, no Wilson ? 31 Convicts 20
Going there for Christmas 33 BogTrotters 19
Englands fan club across the Severn 18 Englands fan club across the English Channel 17
Bullet Train Commuters 10 Sales Transfer Targets 30
Last edited by Flumpty on Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
EggCupp, EggCup, EggCup, EggCup

England 40 Convicts 16 =56

The EggCup goes to .......................................me :caffine: :caffine: :caffine:

Swing Low, Sweet EggCup Chariot etc, etc

Now for Round 2 of the IRB, World Rugby, RWC2019 EggCup Challenge
Second part of the big RWC weekend
ABs 46 Ire 14 = 60

the EggCup goes along to Narbia. May we all bask in your reflected glory ****

****You'll be basking for longer than usual, as I'm heading to Wild West Cumbria to watch the sprog play against Egremont and won't be home until later in the pm.
EggCup update
Wales 20 Fra 19 = 39
The EggCup goes to poyntonshark, who wins by a single point - sadly, by the time poyntonshark wakes up in Upsidedown Land, the EggCup may have already changed hands ! (everyone was close to the actual score)

For round 2
Jap 3 SA 26 = 29

& the EggCup wings its way back to Westmorland and into my sticky paws once again. This time around, everyone was a long way away from the final score.
This is getting tricky now......

How about we all throw in a single short headline for each game.

As in,
“ Genge red card ruins England’s day”
AB’s 26 - 12. Engerland

“Wales find form at last with Adams’ hat trick”
Cymru 27 - 19 Saffers
15 minutes to go NZ 25 Eng 12 (if they're lucky) England don't look like scoring a try, haven't all game, 4 penalties from OF.

You look at the bench.....same old same old. Eddie thinks "I wish I had brought Cipriani but Owen and George told me not to"

I know Cipriani could easily lose you the game from here, but I would rather go down trying something different and losing 40+ to 12 than accepting defeat.....

It could suit both parties. SJ gets a new expe[…]

Humbug

Boo Hoo, Bleat bleat I've said it before an[…]

Covid Repayments

Look at the going concern statements in Glaws acco[…]