I'm not going to get tired of writing this.......
Eng 19 AB 7 =26

Now for the BIG result of the morning, the EggCup moves along to Oldgrayseadog (although a Stewards enquiry was held over the ethics of predicting an England defeat. The decision was passed to Marius Jonker and the result STANDS, with Oldgreyseadog getting the EggCup).
Oldgrayseadog wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:57 pm
15 minutes to go NZ 25 Eng 12 (if they're lucky) England don't look like scoring a try, haven't all game, 4 penalties from OF.

You look at the bench.....same old same old. Eddie thinks "I wish I had brought Cipriani but Owen and George told me not to"

I know Cipriani could easily lose you the game from here, but I would rather go down trying something different and losing 40+ to 12 than accepting defeat.....

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth......................
The Welsh dream is over with SA coming out on top 19-16 = 35

in EggCup terms, the new owner is ........ the same as the old owner, keep shining the EggCup Oldgreyseadog, for't Cup is still thou's.
Flumpty wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:39 am
I'm not going to get tired of writing this.......
Eng 19 AB 7 =26

Now for the BIG result of the morning, the EggCup moves along to Oldgrayseadog (although a Stewards enquiry was held over the ethics of predicting an England defeat. The decision was passed to Marius Jonker and the result STANDS, with Oldgreyseadog getting the EggCup).
I accept this award on behalf of all those other rugby supporters, who like me, can't believe how wrong I was in thinking England would lose this game......
Flumpty liked this
Flumpty wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:11 am
The Welsh dream is over with SA coming out on top 19-16 = 35

in EggCup terms, the new owner is ........ the same as the old owner, keep shining the EggCup Oldgreyseadog, for't Cup is still thou's.
Bloody hell!!!!! As they always say"winning the cup is the easy part, retaining it is the hard part".......
Flumpty liked this
Flumpty wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:15 pm
TeflonTed wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:03 pm
Just emerging from the grief stricken hangover, and obviously not giving a flying fart about the result, but I said I’d play .......so

England 22 - 16 Saffers
typed whilst gritting your teeth ? :yes:
No, quite prefer England to win, after that demolition of the AB’s they deserve it. And the Vunipolas are Valley Boys really.
:angel:
Flumpty liked this
poyntonshark wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:59 am
TeflonTed wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:46 pm
And the Vunipolas are Valley Boys really.
:angel:
Blx. They're as English as Dewi Morris they are!
Yep, and Naughty Dylan from Rotorua.
Mind you, when he came and sat a few seats away from me at Franklin’s Gardens on Saturday he looked the perfect English country gentleman in his Barbour jacket and Tweed cap.
poyntonshark wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:24 am
Dylan is an English erm gent? <cough> <cough>, being born in Rotorua was just an accident of where his mother happened to be at the time.
His wiki page plays heavily on the fact that his mother was born in in England before moving to NZ ( I presume your reference is a jest! ) and that he’d decided as a small child that he wanted to play for England.

Yeah right.

I prefer what I was told by my kiwi friend (born and bred, permanent resident of Picton) who knew of Dylan’s history as a schoolboy player and well known nutter whose progress was severely restricted by his inability to calm down a bit.

His disciplinary record as a professional player would support this theory, and the ideas that a NZ lad, born and bred, would rather play for England than be an AB is laughable.
The 3rd/4th place game could turn out to be a good'un. Coaches last games for both, AB's skipper's last game everyone involved will want to give a good send-off. Reputedly ALL of the AB's want to play in this one. I would expect ALL of the Welsh to want it too, but they are probably selecting the last 23 walking. Before the tournament, I would have given Wales a chance, but they have shown nothing during to suggest they can win this one.

Wales 12 v 42 New Zealand.

England 28 v 12 South Africa
poyntonshark wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:50 pm
What is the tie break criteria again?
I must pay more attention before I make a post

Well spotted poyntonshark - you win the EggCup and I'm sat in the corner wearing the tall white hat wth a D on it :violin:
Final score
Eng 12 - SA 32 = 44

Its as close as is possibly could be, with 5 predictors who all predicted a score within 4 points of the real deal, so it now goes to who was closest to Englands score of 12.
Flumpty was 24 over
Patgadd was 18 over
Poyntoshark was 16 over
WillAddisonsBoots was 13 over

But the winner of the 2019 RWC EggCup Competion with a prediction which was only 10 off is............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ TeflonTed.

Well done Ted and congratulations.

If you're up for it, I can formally present you with the EggCup at the Wuss vs Sale game on 30th November :drunk: :drunk: :caffine: :rockon: :dance: :joy:
Well, we do keep chickens so an extra egg cup is always useful.

And, yes, I’d be delighted to receive it in person.....

Do you think you could avoid bringing a certain blondish scrum-half with you please?

We’ll discuss 6Ways logistics nearer the date shall we?
TeflonTed wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:35 pm
Well, we do keep chickens so an extra egg cup is always useful.

And, yes, I’d be delighted to receive it in person.....

Do you think you could avoid bringing a certain blondish scrum-half with you please?

We’ll discuss 6Ways logistics nearer the date shall we?
See you at the end of the month Ted

R Faf the to present the Egg Cup :yes: :yes:
patgadd wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:57 pm
Flumpty, you should be aware of the sort of person Ted is. All I'll say is that the last time he had an egg, he insisted that his man boil it in Perrier water.
It's a good job that I'll have my lackey/manservant/valet/son with me :giggle:
Image rights not withstanding, I expect there should be photographs.

I am expecting Patgadd to join me at this presentation, if only so I can remind him who has the superior forecasting skills.

This will also help with identification, since nobody else in Worcestershire wears trousers quite as bright as those of Patgadd.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]