By IrishShark
Since coenie oosthuizen seems to be playing tight head for us, would we try get Tendai Mtawarira for a couple of seasons? Out of contract with durban sharks and he'll be in the country for the Baa baas this month so I wonder if Dimes might get on the blower to him if he has any spare change.
By MikeGC
Brilliant
Someone can set him up with a property company instead of wages

:)
By FarnhamShark
I like the idea, but I thought the whole point of signing Coenie was to avoid Ross Harrison having to play 80 minutes every week.
By Whaley Shark
Ross certainly didn't look happy at playing just under 40 minutes last night
By Van Cannonball
Twitter feed said HIA but it didn’t look like he went off for an assessment.

Also wearing a scrum cap which suggested he maybe had some kind of previous head knock?
By Thekeg
Don’t think we’d have the spare salary for him. Thought Morozov did well last night aside from a moment of idiocy, think we will see plenty of him as an impact sub. Oosthuizen scrummaging a slight concern, we looked much more solid with JCW on
By PappjeShark
Whatever happened at the ruck in question - which from memory was several players from both sides crashing into a big heap - Ross sat up looking in a lot of discomfort. Hard to tell if it was mainly shoulder, or head, or both. The Wasps 8 was also in bother.

The Sale doctor attended to him for a lengthy period as play went on and then insisted on him coming off. Ross was still grumbling as he came off and the doc gave him short shrift and pointed him off down the tunnel. Well done for standing firm.

I wonder if when WGJ is fit, Oosthuisen will primarily play LH? But in his absence, JCW’s playing time is being managed. He was excellent all over the park when he came on.
By Thekeg
What’s the injury situation with WGJ?

We seem to have picked up quite a few already....

WGJ
Beaumont
LDJ
James
Solomona
Ashton

All pretty regular members of 23 too
By AndaleManito
You can chuck Wilkinson in there too I think. Obviously not so important now but I'm sure AJ will inevitably have a few weeks off injured at some point in the season.
By Thekeg
AndaleManito wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:59 am
You can chuck Wilkinson in there too I think. Obviously not so important now but I'm sure AJ will inevitably have a few weeks off injured at some point in the season.
And Reed...
By fredrbp
Thekeg wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 am
Don’t think we’d have the spare salary for him. Thought Morozov did well last night aside from a moment of idiocy.
Im not sure but shouldnt we be able to spend extra cash with lood out, and if so how much? Agree with you on morozov, he helped turn the scrums around which was pivotal, so its more a question of why we would want to spend money on cover in the front row at the expense of much needed cover in the locks
By Rich E
WGJ was no'24/25 on friday - part of the pre match warm up, unless I was very much mistaken.
By Thekeg
fredrbp wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:35 pm
Thekeg wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 am
Don’t think we’d have the spare salary for him. Thought Morozov did well last night aside from a moment of idiocy.
Im not sure but shouldnt we be able to spend extra cash with lood out, and if so how much? Agree with you on morozov, he helped turn the scrums around which was pivotal, so its more a question of why we would want to spend money on cover in the front row at the expense of much needed cover in the locks
I meant we wouldn’t have money in 20/21. For lood/Beaumont cover I guess we would, but we don’t need another prop to cover for them!
By StalyShark
Rich E wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:52 pm
WGJ was no'24/25 on friday - part of the pre match warm up, unless I was very much mistaken.
I wonder if he’s made noises about going to Wales next year to impress Pivac. TRP had an article on him and that was a key bit. He’s contracted until 2021 but it’s been known. Dimes said he also highly rated Joe Jones too so I can see it but it doesn’t mean I like it!
By Thekeg
StalyShark wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:03 pm
Rich E wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:52 pm
I wonder if he’s made noises about going to Wales next year to impress Pivac. TRP had an article on him and that was a key bit. He’s contracted until 2021 but it’s been known. Dimes said he also highly rated Joe Jones too so I can see it but it doesn’t mean I like it!
Yes I think that’s a distinct possibility
By chris1850
hirdyshark wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:33 pm
Interesting article in WalesOnline saying that Pivac's looking to include WGJ in his Six Nations squad. Think we need to start rotating him back into the squad if we want him to stay on.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rug ... r-17231678
Two points spring to mind from the article:

1. Not a good picture of Rob Webber!
2. Reading Dimes' comments, I somehow doubt that WGJ is either our most highly-paid or second most highly-paid player?

Well done though to WGJ who has certainly developed into a very good player in his time with us, to the coaching team who helped him get there and to Dimes for spotting his potential in the first place
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]

That's a shame, Wonder where he'll go? I know hi[…]