By Tigger
The unoffy has died. What should I do. Publish Yareets story or leave it disappear...

PS the last post was on 20th June...
By MikeGC
I noticed this earlier, but I also noticed that there isn't anything pointing any lost souls in this direction.
Whatever, you decide to do as an editorial collective is fine by this poster :hug:
H's D liked this
By Major Bloodnok
I'd say post the story. It's there, we might as well let go for a bit longer, then I'll put up one to tell peeps where we've gone.
H's D liked this
By ale shark
Major - Maybe once the piece is up post a new locked sticky thread at the top in capitals to say we’ve moved over here and that the SN site will shut permanently in x weeks
By Flumpty
Tigger wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:55 pm
The unoffy has died. What should I do. Publish Yareets story or leave it disappear...

PS the last post was on 20th June...
I heard it as well - it always raises a tear with me.
By Tigger
OK....will leave it until the weekend to see if anyone really wants to keep it going and complains. I will post the story on Saturday/Sunday and them it's over to you....
By H's D
OK....will leave it until the weekend to see if anyone really wants to keep it going and complains.
Excuse me for pointing it out, but for any casual occasional reader who hasn't been on the old board for quite a while, how will they know where and who to complain to?
I've just been on the old site and there is no obvious indication where we have gone.
PMs are inaccessible when the forum home page shuts....
The last story really needs to state that in the headline in CLEAR BOLD WORDSas it is still accessible....or they will say...well you could have left a note.....
MikeGC liked this
By MikeGC
I took a look at the old board this morning and noticed that all the links on the left hand side of the board are still accessible and a "click" on a link (i.e. Prediction League) takes you to that "story". I know it's extra work for someone but could a semi-permanent link be placed there ??
By IOL Shark
I do think there needs to be a clear message on the old board stating that it’s closing and a link to this new site. Though I check in to read posts almost daily, I know quite a few who use it a lot (mostly to read posts but with some contributions) but not over the off-season.
Could a sticky be posted immediately above the first main post with the headline “THIS BOARD IS CLOSING” (with the headline in bold red if possible to do so) and the first message having the link? People will notice it and move over even if they’re not regulars. I’d also suggest, if possible to make sure the old board is accessible the first couple of weeks of the season as that’s probably be when the majority of the casual users would be captured.
I could have a go at the sticky if someone can give me some guidance.
By Major Bloodnok
@IOL Shark: good idea. I'll see about doing it - probably in a couple of days when I have some decent internet access back.
Never ending word association thread

Christmas https://cdn-img.scalabs.com.au/RBrEUiNN[…]

Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview s[…]

LC-D health scare

https://www.rugbypass.com/plus/luke-cowan-dickie-i[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

Good, solid prop. Never let us down, especially in[…]