By Litzy Cole
I really like the layout of the game reports and thanks to the Major for writing them.

I think red cards should be for a 20 minute sin-binning. If there isn't 20 minutes left in the game, the the offending team are one man down in their next match for the remaining time. If you get a red during the game, you cannot earn any type of bonus point.

Keeps the game alive and provides sufficient sanction to the whole team.
By Yareet
dinogyro wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:02 pm
If you get a red during the game, you cannot earn any type of bonus point.

Keeps the game alive and provides sufficient sanction to the whole team.
Rather fear the first sentence may negate the second.

Imagine a scenario where a team are 10 points in front with 19 minutes to go having scored 3 tries. They are pushing for a BP win when they receive a red card. The only positive outcome is to change tack and defend their lead for 20 minutes. Cue defensive, negative rugby.

Personally, I've never seen the issue with red cards. They are supposed to encourage safer behaviour and therefore need to be a serious sanction. It isn't the red card that "ruins a game" it's the player who decided not to be reckless/dangerous.
By ale shark
dinogyro wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:02 pm
If there isn't 20 minutes left in the game, the the offending team are one man down in their next match for the remaining time.
What if someone was sent off in the 79th minute and their next game was the last game of the season against our nearest league rivals? The only team being punished there would be us!
By poyntonshark
Red cards may be occasionally incorrectly brandished (or left in pocket), but there is nothing wrong with their purpose or sanction. Citing commissioner is there to decide if further punishment needs to be looked into.

Humbug

Boo Hoo, Bleat bleat I've said it before an[…]

Mr Critchard Keeps Us Informed

It could suit both parties. SJ gets a new experi[…]

Covid Repayments

Look at the going concern statements in Glaws acco[…]