#65824
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:43 am
Littleborough U18 28 Heaton Noor U18 28.

Flumpty: Kendal U17 at Heaton Moor on Sunday in the Lancashire Cup. Kendal honorary Lancastrians?
There's a good reason behind it, that has slipped my memory !
Kendal Senior Colts went all the way last season and won the Lancs Cup at your place. A cracking days rugby - your place was bouncing.
Both teams are topping their respective divisions, so should be a good game.
Enjoy your day in Cumbria, although I can't go as far as wishing you well for the result. :mrgreen:

BTW, the pies at #8 are legendary
Last edited by Flumpty on Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#65825
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:43 am
Littleborough U18 28 Heaton Noor U18 28.

Flumpty: Kendal U17 at Heaton Moor on Sunday in the Lancashire Cup. Kendal honorary Lancastrians?
William the Conqueror included Kendal in the "Honour of Lancaster" granted to one of his Norman supporters. Even though the Domesday Book listed it under Yorkshire! :thinking:
#65826
ageinghoody wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:15 pm
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:43 am
Littleborough U18 28 Heaton Noor U18 28.

Flumpty: Kendal U17 at Heaton Moor on Sunday in the Lancashire Cup. Kendal honorary Lancastrians?
William the Conqueror included Kendal in the "Honour of Lancaster" granted to one of his Norman supporters. Even though the Domesday Book listed it under Yorkshire! :thinking:
We were the b*stard child that noone wanted back them :mrgreen:
#66006
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:12 pm
Heaton Moor U17 17 Kendal U17 14 Your boys played really well Flumpty, HM won it with a try in the last play.

Heaton Moor U18 50 Bolton U18 5

Clean Sweep four wins out of four for the weekend
I'm on the far side of America at the moment and was wondering how the game went. From where they were, our Junior Colts have come a long way. Winning/losing on the final play is a real emotional roller coaster ! I hope that you enjoyed your time in Cumbria and all the best for the rest of the season.
#66009
Flumpty wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:34 pm
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:12 pm
Heaton Moor U17 17 Kendal U17 14 Your boys played really well Flumpty, HM won it with a try in the last play.

Heaton Moor U18 50 Bolton U18 5

Clean Sweep four wins out of four for the weekend
I'm on the far side of America at the moment and was wondering how the game went. From where they were, our Junior Colts have come a long way. Winning/losing on the final play is a real emotional roller coaster ! I hope that you enjoyed your time in Cumbria and all the best for the rest of the season.
Game was at HM Flumpty. Your guys were well supported with a coach making the trip.
#66018
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:57 am
Flumpty wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:34 pm
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:12 pm
Heaton Moor U17 17 Kendal U17 14 Your boys played really well Flumpty, HM won it with a try in the last play.

Heaton Moor U18 50 Bolton U18 5

Clean Sweep four wins out of four for the weekend
I'm on the far side of America at the moment and was wondering how the game went. From where they were, our Junior Colts have come a long way. Winning/losing on the final play is a real emotional roller coaster ! I hope that you enjoyed your time in Cumbria and all the best for the rest of the season.
Game was at HM Flumpty. Your guys were well supported with a coach making the trip.
My mistake, I thought that we were hosting you guys.

https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/teams/912 ... 361/report
Match report incl piccies
#66314
Kendal Vikings vs Vales of Lune 2nds Cup game cancelled, as Vale couldn't raise a team. I've heard from several that the reason they couldn't raise a team was because a numberf of them wanted to get pissed watch their 1st's play Kirkby Lonsdale. OK, we get 5pt's, but doesn't sit well if that was why the game was off.

Kendal 20 Leek 17
Kendal well and truly on top, Leek came back and took the lead, Kendal took it back with 8 mins to go and may be mumbling and grumpling to themselves about not getting all 5 points.

Not at their best, but another win
https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/news/kend ... 01283.html

The place had a really good buzz to it, with the car park full and people parking where they could. A good sized crowd and "Ladies Day" inside.
Last edited by Flumpty on Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#66355
Kirkby Lonsdale Junior Colts 6 Kendal Junior Colts 10
Always good to see our nearest and dearest on the wrong side of a local darby game
Tight Win
https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/teams/912 ... 920/report

Kendal Wasps 26 Sefton Ladies 19
The Wasps swap places with Sefton and move into 2nd in Womens Championship North 2 - the Ladies are going well in 2024

A clean sweep for the Kendal teams this weekend - something that hasn't happened for quite a while !
#66506
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:59 pm
Heaton Moor U17 22 Rochdale U17 5.
This result means the HM have won the league.
Well done to your boys John, you must all be as chuffed as chuffed.

Kendal Vikings 41 Birkenhead Park 2nds 24

Blackburn 24 Kendal 19
So Close. Quality performance against one of the best
https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/news/so-c ... 01283.html

Kendal Wasps 38 Keswick Ladies 24
Wasps do well to overcome tough challenge
https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/news/kend ... 06658.html
#66581
Preston Grasshoppers 3rd (? hmmm) 48 Kendal Vikings 19

Macclesfield 38 Kendal 22
Another top quality performance, despite changed team
https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/news/anot ... 01283.html

Southport Ladies 15 Kendal Wasps 15
Wasps dig deep to snatch late draw
https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/news/sout ... 06658.html

Aldwinian Junior Colts 31 Kendal Junior Colts 36
Kendal overtake Aldwinians and go to the top of the table
#66656
Not a good day for Kendal teams today

Broughton Park 2nds 31 Kendal Vikings 10
A good result for BP against a Kendal team who never seemed to get going.

Kendal 5 Anselmians 28
A bad afternoon
https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/news/a-ba ... 01283.html

The only silver cloud was that tomorrows Junior Colts game is off, with the opposition unable to raise a team. Kendal get 5 points for a HWO and with it an unassailable lead in the table, so they have won their Division. Nice one chaps.
#66657
Warrington 16 Heaton Moor 12. Two poor sides but Warrington deserved there win.

Both Colts teams finished their league campaign but U18s have a friendly tomorrow.

Congratulation Flumpty on Kendal U18s winning their League. Should be a cracking game in the League Cup at your place next week.
Flumpty liked this
#66659
Flumpty wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:59 pm
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:36 pm


Congratulation Flumpty on Kendal U18s winning their League. Should be a cracking game in the League Cup at your place next week.
Sadly, I'm away so won't be able to watch the game - are you coming up to watch?
Just realised it's the U17s not the U18s. I'm away most of the week so don't think I can get away with a trip North on Sunday
u20s Six Nations

Scotland U20 17 : 30 England U20 (bp) Asher was l[…]

Cartoon

England A

Shame for RMW as would have been really interestin[…]

Happy with that, had a good run of games this seas[…]