Stockport 2nds Kendal Vikings 22

A really good game, that went from end to end and either team could have claimed the win

Stockport 31 Kendal 34
A really good game, that went from end to end and either team could have claimed the win

A first win for Kendal in yonks
Finishing the League in style
https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/news/stoc ... 01283.html

A quick mention for Kirkby Lonsdale, who needed a good win to give them a chance of staying up - and they duly did this with a 5 point victory at Home to Crew and Nantwich. They now requiired Winnington Park to Lose or Draw and KL would be safe. Thankfully WP got a well deserved 40-19 victory, which condemned KL to 2 successive relegations. For entirely personal reasons, it couldn't happen to a nicer club. Fingers crossed that they can make it 3 consecutive relegations.
Last edited by Flumpty on Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heaton Moor 38 Aspull 35

Aspull 3rds 21 Heaton Moor 2nds 34

Not often I've been able to report 2 wins this season.

And it means HM finishing 3rd from bottom which gives them a chance of staying up if only 2 go down.

Don't feel Flumpty's clear dislike of KL but it could help HM, KL going down as they'll go into Counties 1 Cumbria
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:53 pm

Don't feel Flumpty's clear dislike of KL but it could help HM, KL going down as they'll go into Counties 1 Cumbria
For KL, how the once mighty have fallen. How sad. Never MInd. Such lovely people. I had a couple of pints tonight to salute Winnington Park - fine chaps, every single one of them :mrgreen:
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:53 pm

I don't have a clue how its happened, but this post is on KL's Facebook page "Evening Everyone,
The RFU have just confirmed that Kirkby Lonsdale Rugby Union Football Club 1st XV have avoided relegation for next season 2024/25 and will again be playing in Regional 2NW."

The last time I was so happy was when I put my thumb straight through the toilet paper when I was wiping my bum.
Preston Grasshoppers 3rd Xv 17 Kendal Vikings 33

Best I've seen the team play all season. " wins back to back and playing with some confidence in each other. Lovely to watch a game in sunshine for once !
A much better game and closer game than the last time we were at PGH - that time their 2nds had had their game called off and the 3rd team that day was (comparatively) very slick. Funny how that happens.
Last edited by Flumpty on Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Mcdonagh Cup final

Heaton Moor U18 31 Sedgley Park U18 28

Rob Briers Cup Final

Heaton Moor U17 20 Ormskirk U17 15

U16s won their Lancashire Bowl Final too V Aldwinians but don't know the score
Pretty pleased with that- three finals, three wins
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:01 pm
Flumpty wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:48 pm
JohnJ of HM wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:46 am

Pretty pleased with that- three finals, three wins
& rightly so.

Do you have a good progression rate as they move into adult rugby ?
Not bad. Final home game of the season, I think we had 13 out of 18 who had come through the juniors.
A very similar story at Kendal and good to see - plus still welcoming new players who have moved into the area.

Midlothian

Team S'Up for't Tigers

Also, if the gods favoured us: We beat Sarries wi[…]

PIERS O'CONOR - BEARS TRIBUTE

He may be Connacht-bound, but he'll always be a Br[…]

Yes the big announcement jarred with me too and su[…]