By Olyy
Doubt it,
He's behind a lloott of players here, especially now Cam Neild is playing 8 for the jets, and has barely played a game of ruby in seasons between a combination of multiple injuries and the pecking order.

Cardiff need an 8, so it makes sense.

Wish him well there, and hope he can fulfil the promise he showed when he first appeared on the scene.
By StalyShark
My reasoning is that why has he played so little even when fit? He was remember the next big thing and spent time in England camp. If he was such a prospect then how come he just hasn’t done anything for us?

I keep a tab on the players’ social media and he has never appeared on any and all he has posted about is meals out which he does very frequently (perhaps too frequently for a player who wants to keep himself in top physical condition).
By Olyy
I was surprised at the hype tbh, he didn't look standout at academy or u20s level
I think the arm wrestle between WRU and RFU wanting to capture him combined with coming from a family of international rugby players got him far more attention than anything he did on the pitch.

Same as how Redpath gets all the articles written about him and invited to train with England, while Luke James is the one tearing it up on the pitch
By StalyShark
Could also be very telling that there is no comment from Dimes; he always likes to/the media manager likes to add a farewell comment specifically from Dimes. I think he has fallen out of favour with everyone at the club sadly for one reason or another.
By Monty9
StalyShark wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:40 pm
My reasoning is that why has he played so little even when fit? He was remember the next big thing and spent time in England camp. If he was such a prospect then how come he just hasn’t done anything for us?

I keep a tab on the players’ social media and he has never appeared on any and all he has posted about is meals out which he does very frequently (perhaps too frequently for a player who wants to keep himself in top physical condition).
1st paragraph - Unfortunate timings that whenever the opportunity would have come he wasn’t fit.

2nd paragraph - Well that kind of answer the 1st doesn’t it?

I’m sure he will do well at Cardiff but it just wasn’t to be at this time at Sale.
By StalyShark
Monty9 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:23 pm
Watch those UFOs flying over Manchester tonight Staly, we need more conspiracy stories tomorrow !
Sadly I’d need another Jodrell Bank in my back garden to do that!
Maybe I’m reading too much into it and it might be something of nothing (a few players have liked his official leaving posts on social media btw).
By Elgar
Surprised at a few harsh (almost intrusive) comments on here.

From what I saw of him, I thought he had really serious potential. Personally thought he was Zac Mercer-esque.

A shame we couldn't get the best from him, however the fault for that might be apportioned

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes on to have a very good career anyway.
By Thekeg
StalyShark wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:40 pm

You might be right, but the impression has been that he’s hardly ever been fit
By stevene
Olyy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:48 pm
I was surprised at the hype tbh, he didn't look standout at academy or u20s level
I think the arm wrestle between WRU and RFU wanting to capture him combined with coming from a family of international rugby players got him far more attention than anything he did on the pitch.

Same as how Redpath gets all the articles written about him and invited to train with England, while Luke James is the one tearing it up on the pitch
not sure I agree with either comment tbh (or a lot of others on here).

Moore ripped it up at junior level at age level. Plenty of evidence online around that. the club thought that highly of him to give him a 5 year deal. Simply hasn't had the fitness or run of games (probably due to fitness initially then down in the pecking order since). Must have been tough with all the injuries he has had and perhaps a new opportunity will give him a fresh start. Wouldn't surprise me to see him not develop any further (due to injuries/ injury history) or him pulling on a Wales shirt in a couple of years time. He has the talent. Sometimes it just doesn't work in one environment and he has decided to see if a change of scenery works. I suspect, by the timing and lack of comment by the club this has been driven by the player not the club. Wouldn't surprise me if Diamond didn't want him to go.

As for Luke James/ Cam Redpath. Luke James made his debut in 2017. Cam Redpath in 2019. Yes they are the same age but Luke James is conditioned to first team rugby and is starting (this year) to look like he is going to be a squad fixture. Lets see where Cam Redpath is in 12-18 months getting some game time this season and next. Redpath doesn't for me (yet) look to have the physical conditioning/ toughness you get from regular first team rugby. Doesnt mean he isnt a talent and won't be our fly half/ inside centre of the future. Same applied to Josh Beaumont who looked lost at second row in his first season. It took a move to 8 and a run of games to develop into a regular first team player. Shame about his injury this year as he was starting to look the part back in the second row.

Disappointed but understandable where we are with Sam Moore. Good luck to him.
ale shark, Monty9 and 1 others liked this
By MikeGC
stevene wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:08 am

Same applied to Josh Beaumont who looked lost at second row in his first season. It took a move to 8 and a run of games to develop into a regular first team player. Shame about his injury this year as he was starting to look the part back in the second row.
In my mind Beaumont has always been a (talented) number 8 (isn't that where he earned his England cap ?) and didn't adapt well to his enforced role in the donkey row.
I guess you meant "a move BACK to number 8"

Let's hope he gets over the injury/operation/infection and regains his spot.
By Thekeg
MikeGC wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:18 pm
stevene wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:08 am

Same applied to Josh Beaumont who looked lost at second row in his first season. It took a move to 8 and a run of games to develop into a regular first team player. Shame about his injury this year as he was starting to look the part back in the second row.
In my mind Beaumont has always been a (talented) number 8 (isn't that where he earned his England cap ?) and didn't adapt well to his enforced role in the donkey row.
I guess you meant "a move BACK to number 8"

Let's hope he gets over the injury/operation/infection and regains his spot.
No, his first appearances were in the second row, then he emerged as a genuine first team player after a run at 8. He then went back to second row, it isn’t a new position for him
By Van Cannonball
And Josh had been looking good at 2nd row too, to the extent we finally looked comfortable without Bryn starting.

It’ll be interesting to see the 2nd/back row configurations next year with him and Lood in the mix.

For Redpath, also need to remember he’s had a major injury so not surprising if he takes a bit more time to come through.
By DaveAitch
It's certainly pretty crowded in the back 5, and Moore has been unfortunate with injuries. He's not alone there but moving on would seem a good move for him, without greatly affecting Sale's cover.

Not that it matters, but wasn't Josh Beaumont's England game a non-cap match?
By MikeGC
Thekeg wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:33 pm

No, his first appearances were in the second row, then he emerged as a genuine first team player after a run at 8. He then went back to second row, it isn’t a new position for him
Ah, OK, I couldn’t find a website or page which showed any kind of detail.
I just remember him emerging (2013 ?) as an 8 in a European game - happy to stand corrected
By Thekeg
Van Cannonball wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:15 pm
And Josh had been looking good at 2nd row too, to the extent we finally looked comfortable without Bryn starting.

It’ll be interesting to see the 2nd/back row configurations next year with him and Lood in the mix.

For Redpath, also need to remember he’s had a major injury so not surprising if he takes a bit more time to come through.
I’m particularly interested in how it impacts on JLDP, I wasn’t sure about him in the second row initially but he’s started to really play well there. If he settles there then we might not need to bring in another second row when Evans retires. The flip side is with Moore gone and Wilson presumably going back to Newcastle we may end up a back row light. Is Nield now primarily a back row again?
By Lord Elpus
JB started at 8 in the Baabaas game. For me he is athletic enough for an 8 and perhaps not puissant enough for a modern lock. When he returns and with Lood , Phillips, and Evans all fit then he will probably cover both 8 and lock from the bench. Great impact sub with his athleticism.

Can't see any mention of Sconert being out till Oc[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Blame-casting - love it!

Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview som[…]

Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]