By iBozz
National 1: Saturday, 8th February 2020

Cambridge 37 - 31 Sale FC

11th of 16.
Racing Club de Burnage 27 Waterloo 25
one of the best games of rugby I have seen in a long time.
Very few mistakes, very few handling errors, just a bunch of talented lads putting everything into the game for their Club.
We were graced by the presence of Gill Burns MBE, President of Lancashire (and former President of Waterloo) and we enjoyed a very jolly evening with Gill and a good number of Loo alickadoos

Bolton 2nd XV lost to Burnage 2nd XV
Marple 2nd XV beat Burnage 3rd XV
iBozz liked this
Kendal 17 Pocklington 10
https://www.kendalrugby.co.uk/teams/921 ... 201/report

A good win for Kendal (hopefully !)***
The game was played on the 3G and was abandoned after 65 mins due to standing water on the pitch - the first time I've come across a waterlogged pitch on 3G, but it gives you an idea about how absolutely miserable the weather was today.

*** depending on what the rule book says.
MikeGC liked this
By iBozz
NC 1 North West: Sunday, 23rd February 2020

Sale 1861 67 - 3 Preston Grasshoppers Ladies

This makes Sale 1861 the NC 1 North West league winners for 2019/2020. Well done Ladies, an excellent season. :clap: :clap:

Sale FC have the weekend off.
National 1: Saturday, 29th February 2020.

Darlington Mowden Park 34 - 15 Sale FC

12th of 16.
I have been remiss in reporting on Scunny's fortunes for quite a while. Let's just say that the pattern of previous reports has not changed. Until that is, the last two weeks where the Greensleeves have travelled west to Chester and Caldy respectively. The actual results are unimportant I'll just report that Scuny contributed to games with a total points value in excess of 100 each game. Suffice to say that I don't believe a late-season promotion surge is looking very likely
Intermediate Cup QF: Sunday, 1st March 2020

Bishop Auckland Ladies 12 - 28 Sale 1861
National 1: Saturday, 7th March 2020

Sale FC 22 - 19 Chinnor

League position to be confirmed when all results are in but it looks as if we shall be 12th of 16. Unless of course, my maths haven’t improved since doing the Scoreboard at Heywood Road (some “friends” never let me forget minor scoring inconsistencies :whistle: )

Yes, we remain 12th after all results are in.
Caldy 1sts and 2nds both sneaked wins. In their last games. The 1sts have now passed 1,000 points for the season. At the other end of that league Scunthorpe have conceded 1250 points. I'm not sure what that proves, other than leagues haven't necessarily led to teams of reasonably even standard playing against each other.

Meanwhile, as far as I can gather, Caldy aren't getting a 4th, or even a 3rd, team out. Many of the Halbro leagues look rather sad, with a good number of teams forced to cry off. Some have left the leagues comoketely. Indeed, Caldy 2s win last time out with a walk over in the highest Halbro league.

Frankly, the state of rugby isn't what it should be.
Flumpty, iBozz liked this
National 1: Thursday, 12th March 2020

Sale FC 26 - 10 Birmingham Moseley

11th of 16.
MikeGC liked this
iBozz, It seems a strange time to play a game. I notice Neath v Cardif was also played last night. I know the players are, in the main, semi-professional but it can't be easy to get time off work at what would, I presume, be pretty short notice. Whatever, Sale are doing well enough to guarantee staying in National 1. There is a big gap, points wise, between 11th and the relegation places.
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview som[…]

Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]