By Stevie J
After two league away wins on the bounce, we find LI in the heady heights of 8th place. If you have a nosebleed you're not alone.

So what if any changes might happen to a winning team? Likely not many. Naholo went off before the end of last week's match with a limp, if he's out do we move Loader back to wing and start Stokes? I assume Cowan comes back in for Donnell.

For Gloucester they will be missing a few; Heinz and Thorley likely for England, Harris for Scotland, Polledri and Braley for Italy and there is a chance Rees-Zammitt may be retained by Wales. They'll still have a lot of talent but they may need to turn to a rookie Scrum Half with Joe Simpson out for up-to 12 weeks.

Should be a fascinating encounter and I don't doubt the boys will have some confidence going into this one.
By GHA
Anyone know how close Jackson is to returning? Stokes has improved since dayboo but if Naholo is injured or rested and Loader and OHC are on the wings I'd rather have PJ at 15.
By Margin_Walker
Parton cant be too far away too.

If Naholo is out, I hope they resist the temptation of shifting Rona out to the wing to fill in.
By Florida
Too close to call for me. The Glaws forwards don't miss many tackles, but the backs have been known to miss a few. I think if we can get Albert and Rona running at the 10, 12 and 13 we might create a few chances. Our back 3 could have a field day. Equally, Glaws are running some very nice plays with Cips pulling the strings and we may struggle to contain them.
By Florida
Margin_Walker wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:03 am
If Naholo is out, I hope they resist the temptation of shifting Rona out to the wing to fill in.
Rona can't play on the wing, he's shown he's really growing into the game at 13, he must stay there.
By Stevie J
Not sure on Jackson or Parton; but Stokes was favoured at Saints and started at 15 so I imagine he will be first cab off the rank.
By GHA
He started against Northampton because Loader was out as well as Jackson and Parton... When Loader came back he dropped to the bench. If Jackson or Parton are fit they could potentially start at 15, or maybe off the bench although Loader was chucked straight back in
By Narbia
As above, I'm for Rona staying in the centre. I'm not concerned who goes on the wing : I'm sure we've got a few to choose from.

Bookies have Glaws marginal favourites, but the Irish confidence should be high.

Looking forward to being there.
By GC89
After recent performances, I would be amazed if we see Rona on the wing again any time soon. Expect we will see Stokes to 15 and Loader to wing if Naholo is out.

Glaws down to 2 academy scrum halfs. Coleman could have a field day.
By GHA
Young, keen and enthusiastic scrum halves are a dangerous thing - passing will obviously be fine it's the sniping we want to remain aware of as they'll be desperate to impress.
By GHA
London Irish:

15 Ben Loader
14 Matt Williams
13 Curtis Rona
12 Terrence Hepetema
11 Ollie Hassell-Collins
10 Stephen Myler
9 Nick Phipps

1 Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi
2 Dave Porecki
3 Ollie Hoskins
4 Adam Coleman
5 Franco van der Merwe ©
6 Matt Rogerson
7 Blair Cowan
8 Albert Tuisue

Replacements:

16 Motu Matu’u
17 Harry Elrington
18 Sekope Kepu
19 Steve Mafi
20 Ben Donnell
21 Ben Meehan
22 Bryce Campbell
23 James Stokes
By GHA
Glaaaaster:

15. Matt Banahan
14. Louis Rees-Zammit
13. Billy Twelvetrees
12. Mark Atkinson
11. Ollie Thorley
10. Danny Cipriani
9. Charlie Chapman

1. Josh Hohneck
2. Todd Gleave
3. Fraser Balmain
4. Ed Slater
5. Franco Mostert (capt)
6. Freddie Clarke
7. Lewis Ludlow
8. Ruan Ackermann

Replacements:

16. Henry Walker
17. Val Rapava-Ruskin
18. Ciaran Knight
19. Ben Morgan
20. Aaron Hinkley
21. Stephen Varney
22. Lloyd Evans
23. Tom Seabrook
By Narbia
Well there were many positives to take from that, but just 2 : the centre pairing are providing an attack and at the same time shutting down channel 1 as an opposition drive. Point 2, we ground out that win in the second half even when Glaws had so much possession. :yes:
By AndaleManito
Very impressed by Irish yesterday. Plaudits to Hassell-Collins but Curtis Rona looks a real find. Blair Cowan also had a stormer.

Really happy to see you guys doing well, especially by playing rugby that's great to watch!
Narbia, MattM liked this
By GC89
I actually thought we were a bit off where we were last week and the Saints game. Our defence is very good when it has time to set, but when Gloucester got quick ball in the middle third of the pitch they made some very easy metres. I also thought we lacked a bit of penetration in the first half. We battered away at their line for long periods, without too much to show for it. However, these are pretty minor quibbles. Coleman was imperious again and, as pointed out, the centres were very good and are showing some really nice touches in attack as well as being solid at the back. Great to see Rona win that final turnover at the end to win the game too. Our home form had clearly been a bit of a monkey on our back so it was great to grind the result out.

And so, onto Wasps. The last three wins have been against good sides, but sides who are probably in a bit of a dip form wise. Wasps are almost the opposite - a pretty average team, but one who have started to find some form. However, it really should be a winnable game at the Madejski. I would be looking at some changes too, and if rumours are to be believed, SOB could be in line for his debut.

1. Elrington
2. Matu'u
3. Kepu
4. Van der Merwe
5. Coleman
6. Rogerson
7. Cowan
8. Tuisue

9. Meehan (please)
10. Myler
11. OHC
12. Hepetema