By Abmatt
Think it’s going to be a long day at the office.

Dropped kick off by Weir and on the back foot from the start.

Hope to be wrong.
By Warrior7
The lack of possession is killing us as we look good ball in hand. Too many errors in attack though and also way too many penalties conceded in defence.

10 - 0 half time
By ROLLO
Missed line by Wier, Britsol try.
We cannot defend for 80 mnutes.
Soft momenets = a soft regiime at Sixways IMHO.
By Warrior7
Credit where it's due - Hougaard has been absolutely fantastic today.
By FlipFlop
Not the humdinging defeat i’d expected but stupid late Pen and yellow took away any chance of a win.... along with Vui’s Kitchener-like handling skills :angry:

The season is looking familiar.
By Abmatt
LBP. I’ll take that and go eat my hat.

Fair play to the lads. The way Bristol have been playing that’s a good result.
By AndaleManito
If I were a Wuss fan I'd be pretty happy with that in all honestly, the way Briz were playing that could have been 40+ points for them, so you did well too keep it a 3 point game.
Warrior7 liked this
By Warrior7
Not the worst performance but the penalty count and the lack of possession really hurt us.

The team as a whole put in some monstrous hits all the way through; Hill, Big Kitch, Du Preez in particular. Shilly needs to stop trying to be so flashy, we could have scored first if he had just passed it to Hill instead of trying a fancy offload.

Shame Beck went off as he was looking sharp, but SVB didn't put a foot wrong. Nick David needs to be kept playing premiership rugby as he is a very good player. Unbelievable try-saving tackle on Vui at the end to keep the LBP.

Someone needs to teach us how to tackle Piutau though.
By Warrior7
AndaleManito wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:02 pm
If I were a Wuss fan I'd be pretty happy with that in all honestly, the way Briz were playing that could have been 40+ points for them, so you did well too keep it a 3 point game.
That's true - well dealt well with their attack (bar Piutau), it seems if you biltz initially then drift against Bristol then they start to run out of ideas.
By TeflonTed
Closer result than many of us feared, I’ll be looking forward to the premiership rugby online replay as soon as they put it up.

Spare a thought today for Ted Jnr#2, the only Englishman in his local village pub watching the Paddies get stuffed. The village pub being Swans in Curragha, Co Meath. I believe he’s taking some stick from the locals.
By A38
One or two Bristol supporters have made some "interesting " comments on t'other board about how Worcester played today.

Just as well they haven't found this one!

Anyway, will be interested to hear your comments Ted when you have perused the video.
By FlipFlop
Lam seemed less than complimentary about our game plan per Beeb, inferring that it is not surprising we regularly feature in relegation. :thinking:
By TeflonTed
I’ve had a read of the Briz SN board, some very negative stuff there.

But interesting that they are critical of Doyler even though they won. That’s a bit of a marker for me.

They don’t much like us do they!
By Underdog
We've seen many teams arrive at six ways with negative or defensive game plans. Some of them have met with success and others haven't. It's the nature of the league, which is very defence-orientated. Watch a few highlights of super rugby from this season and you'll see the opposite.

I'll file their complaints under 'who gives a toss?'
Abmatt, W4rriorz1980 liked this
By Abmatt
I thought some of the comments on there were pretty disgusting.

If they were that good (bris) perhaps they would have found a way to break our defence and counter our tactics. Thats what the top teams do.

Not as good as they perhaps think they are. You play to your strengths, which we did. Not the best, most attractive rugby on this occasion, but we came away with a point.
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By west brom warrior
I think some of the online Bristol fans still harbor resentment for our comeback in the play off finals a few years ago however most game going fans are lovely and have got over the teams capitulation. I did decide to glance at COYW forum to read a few ramblings and I was delighted to see our ex Chief executive on there as a fan sticking up for the team.

On our tactics I think we are playing pretty turgid rugby but the fact is our strength is our backrow and they are all good at disrupting the breakdown and as others have said its not the role of the opposition to facilitate the other sides strengths but to make it harder for them. What we are missing is the two of the best wingers in the league which is what we had last year with Bryce and Adams and the replacements have not filled the gap adequately.
By A38
west brom warrior wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:03 am
What we are missing is the two of the best wingers in the league which is what we had last year with Bryce and Adams and the replacements have not filled the gap adequately.
I'm not disagreeing with that at all - especially given the number of tries which the pair scored.

However, I wonder if there is a little more to it than who wears the number 11 and 14 shirts. Last season there would be confidence in the play makers that if the ball got to the wings something would happen - quite often it did. This season there have been umpteen combinations on the wings and I don't know that the confidence is there and / or the ability to get the ball out wide and / or the desire to do it.
By west brom warrior
Very fair point A38 and it would be hard to disagree that its not solely down to those wearing 11 and 14 on there backs. It is also fair to point out that those playing inside the wingers have not been at the levels of last year so the wingers have probably not got the same quality of opportunity this year with ball in hand.

One thing I have noticed is that Bryce and Adams would go searching for the ball and track inside runners which our current crop don't do as often or as successfully, they had a habit of knowing where the ball would end up when in attack, I suppose it was that sort of reading of the game that made them so good.
By Warrior7
An inform Mills and Pennell certainly helped too, as did a fit François Venter.

One thing from Sunday - Mama was outstanding and needs to be re-signed, despite the possibility of Kvesic coming in.
By FlipFlop
Mam needs to be re-signed....
Yes, all gone a bit quiet on the re-sign or signing front with club. Hopefully no stalling by the Mgt or owners.

Might have thought Prem certainty would have helped snare a few big ones by now but maybe our slide is making us less attractive yet again.

I know there are threads and comments on here other clubs lack of activity too but to be honest i’m not bothered about others, just what we have done or might do ( beyond TRiPe rumours) and it’s not been spinetingling so far imo.
W4rriorz1980 liked this
By Latecomer
FlipFlop wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:19 pm
Mam needs to be re-signed....
Yes, all gone a bit quiet on the re-sign or signing front with club. Hopefully no stalling by the Mgt or owners.
Yes, I recall Solly being quoted in mid January as saying he expected all resignings/recruitment would be complete by end of February, after earlier indicating end of January/early February.
Well .........end of February is almost here ! Time for some more announcements methinks !!
By west brom warrior
I suppose one thing stopping any possible announcements will be the agreements between clubs on when to make these so it may well be signings have been made but the announcements will wait a while longer. I will be very concerned if we don't have another 4 of 5 signings to strengthen the squad for next season.

With a coaching team also undergoing a revamp in the summer I wonder if the current coaches message is getting across to the players? Hopefully next season Matt Sherratt and Jonathan Thomas can add something to the team to help us win tight games
By FlipFlop
I wouldn't hold your breath WBW
On which bit Rollo- 4 or 5 signings or Sharratt and Thomas doing an improved coaching job than the incumbent coaches
By ROLLO
Certainly 4/5 signings.
Thomas and Sharratt can't do much worse that the current encumbants can they?
Abmatt, Warrior7 liked this
Covid Repayments

I’m pretty sure I read from an interview som[…]

Never ending word association thread

Dune https://media.tacdn.com/media/attractions-sp[…]

24/03/24 Bath 42 Sale 24 [GP]

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once&mdas[…]

"how you are going to transform little Sale[…]