By chris1850
Dont know if anyone else noticed this in the email sent to season ticket holders yesterday

As soon as more information on the current season is available, we will be in touch to let you know. One possibility might be that only season ticket holders can attend while still socially distancing, but we need to wait and see what happens in the weeks ahead. If we find that season ticket holders can’t attend the games, we will come up with a number of options for how we can compensate for this, but while everything remains so up in the air, we sincerely thank you for your understanding and patience.

I guess that, for us, this could be a possibility? I am not sure how many ST holders we have in total but I wonder if it is possible to allocate, say, 1 seat in 3 around the stadium to maintain social distancing during the match. Clearly, there are other issues such as toilets etc to also consider.
By iBozz
I haven't had the letter yet so haven't read any more than your interesting extract, chris1850, and such decisions are well above my pay grade.

I really do hope that SS come up with a solution which benefits the majority of supporters but, as an ST holder on the Shielding register, I can't see me getting back to the AJB (or SFC even more worryingly) unless a vaccine is made available or C-19 miraculously disappears as a threat - or ever again.

I hope that I'm wrong.
By Van Cannonball
I would think that we probably have c.3-4000 season ticket holders, but they would also tend to clump together - towards the centre of the West stand for example.

I think it would be better than an empty stadium for those confident enough to attend, as long as those who weren’t were still properly compensated.
By IOL Shark
I don’t see how leaving 2 in 3 seats empty will work as each row has around 20-30 seats on it. If your seat is in the middle of a row and you arrive late, leave early or need the toilet, how can you get out while social distancing without the rest of the row moving? Also, every other row would need to be empty as you can’t be 2 metres away from the row in front or behind at any point.
Until a medical solution is found, I really can’t see sports stadiums opening if social distancing is to be maintained. Having said that, the government has never really moved away from their original policy of resolving it through herd immunity, so doubt they would oppose reopening anyway.
By iBozz
The problem of seating applies to theatres as well.

With the best will in the world, social distancing in the Auditorium would be very very difficult for the reasons stated above. Also if, say, only every third seat is sold (a random number for illustration purposes only) then ticket prices will have to treble in order for the performance to make money. There will be Patron resistance to that, coupled with a reluctance to enter enclosed premises. Backstage and on stage it will be impossible to socially distance.

Similar, but not identical, conditions apply to sports and music outdoor arenas.

Maybe live streaming of games, password protected, to those who buy a match ticket or who have an ST is a possibility for those unable or unwilling to get to a game?

Let’s hope those working on the problem at AJB (and HR) are better thinkers than am I.
By MikeGC
It’s difficult to imagine a safe way to finish the current season, or a way to re-start any contact sport until a 100% effective test for infection and a 100% effective test for antibodies can be introduced.

Would the player’s union require a negative Infection result for all members of the match day squad and the entourage of managers, physios, etc. ? before sanctioning the involvement of their members ?
Should they ?

I can’t envisage a way that, as the pandemic is at the moment, rugby could be played safely.

Sorry, that reads a bit "doom and gloom".
Like everyone else I thought I was invincible in my 20’s and 30’s but ageing has given me a different perspective.
By chris1850
MikeGC wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:40 pm
It’s difficult to imagine a safe way to finish the current season, or a way to re-start any contact sport until a 100% effective test for infection and a 100% effective test for antibodies can be introduced.

Would the player’s union require a negative Infection result for all members of the match day squad and the entourage of managers, physios, etc. ? before sanctioning the involvement of their members ?
Should they ?

I can’t envisage a way that, as the pandemic is at the moment, rugby could be played safely.

Sorry, that reads a bit "doom and gloom".
Like everyone else I thought I was invincible in my 20’s and 30’s but ageing has given me a different perspective.
I agree. As long as social distancing requirements remain in place, I cannot see any way that contact sports can resume sadly. As soon as the Premier League start playing again, there is bound to be an increase in park football etc and I am not sure we are yet ready for the type of wholesale social interactions that would then prevail

I find the whole financial agenda that is clearly behind the actions of the Premier League in particular to be wholly selfish and arrogant
iBozz liked this

Cheeky

LI Squad List, Incomings, Outgoings

No idea on Myler, but a three year deal for some[…]

Sadly not just the populace. With the rest of Euro[…]

New Laws/Trials

According to today's Observer, "The Premiersh[…]